Thursday, August 2, 2007

Go Cubs! ***edited***


Pete and his new "baby"!





What a great way to spend a summer night! The boys won FREE tickets to the Iowa Cubs game during the summer reading program at the local library. We traded in the free tickets and upgraded to reserved seats for a Mere $12. We settled in, bought some expensive ballpark food, and watched the Cubs for 6 innings. The boys seems to have different perspectives of "fun." I was actually impressed we lasted as long as we did. In the end the Cubs lost 6-1 against the Tuscon Sidewinders. The night was filled with flying t-shirts, hot dogs and entertainment from real four legged fidos. It was bring your dog to the game night. Lots of well trained dogs got to parade onto the field and off again and some even won gift certificates to a k-9 training school. Too bad we didn't bring Pete. Maybe next year. We made it home by 10 so that was reasonable considering we were 50 miles away.




We drove another 40 miles today down to Ankeny to do a little shopping. We had Kohl's cash to spend and I wasn't going to waste it! We each got two shirts at Kohl's then headed next door to the pet store and got a new"baby" for Pete that he seems really taken by. The boys enjoyed some frozen custard at Culver's then we swung into the local scrapbook store and I bought a couple of treats. I had a coupon for cardstock, surely you didn't expect me to let it go to waste?




I will definitely be posting the layouts for the swap. They are sweet if I can say so myself. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Ya might want to define "new baby" for Pete! I'm stumped. Game sounds like FUN and the picture was great. You shoulda taken Pete though..... LOVE CHECKING in and finding out what you are doing.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yes Kohls Cash is important to spend and you can get some more this weekend.... Does pete still have his Blue "Baby" that i bought at Target with Emily many a moons ago....?

Jen said...

I'm just glad you went to a CUBS game!!!