Friday, August 3, 2007

Company's coming!

We are expecting our first guests of 2007 in just a few short hours! The guest room is ready and the boys' sheets are clean so their beds just need to be remade. We have a couple of hours at least so this should be pretty easy to accomplish. We are looking forward to a little fun with Carolyn, Dave, Megan and Mary Sue. They should be getting close to the Iowa state line soon. Then the countdown can begin.

The boys and I went to a couple of garage sales this AM. I picked up a green glass relish dish for 75 cents. I am going to offer it to my mother-in-law but if she isn't excited I'll hold on to it for future use. Will got a baseball bat for 50 cents and a baseball for a quarter. Nic got a bike helmet for a quarter. I also found this small wall shelf with multiple shelves, four I think, that is rather narrow. It will be great for displaying some of my wood mounted rubber stamps. I have a ton thanks to my old neighbor back in MI. I can select 20 of my favorites for display and maybe I';; use them more often if I get them out of the boxes. The shelf needs a little sanding and a fresh coat of paint but that should be simple enough. $2.00 well spent!

No comments: