Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!




Will woke up with gifts at the bottom of his, no make that MY, bed. How could I forget that he slept with me last night. Good stuff! Nic got him a Pokemon DVD boxed set. Fred and I bought him a hat from the Cubs game last week and a NBA street basketball. Not sure if that will help his 3 point shot in the driveway but we'll keep you posted.

After all available parties showered and dresses we headed to Ames to spend his birthday money. Mama had given him some cash and Granny and Grandpa sent him a Target gift card. We couldn't let that sit in the wallet too long you know. First we went to the bank then to Panera for lunch. Once we were fueled we zipped over to Target and found a PS2 game and a Yu Gi Oh pack that we had to take home. A quick stop at Sam's and we came home to break in the new game.

As I type this the steak is thawing and the oven is preheating for the french fries that will sit beside the yummy steak. Will picked the menu himself. He actually asked for pretzels to go with his steak. I guess that means more fries for me! YEAH!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I do wish we had been able to share the fun but sounds like William had plenty without us! Know that our thoughts were with you ALL yesterday. It is the "memories" of the births of my grandchildren that makes me smile most. And seeing them grow into wonderful young men.

Can't wait to hear what's at the bottom of YOUR BED on the 17th!
Granny/mom