Saturday, October 13, 2007

Adventures on Saturday


I LOVE Kohl's. I was in my element this morning as I hit the Power Hours at Kohl's. I did have to drive 45 miles through a bit of rain but it was all worth it. I picked up some shirts fro Fred, some shirts and shoes for me, a couple of winter coats for the boys to try on and some snow pants for Nic. After Kohl's I went to Michael's and bought some canvases. I am going to try a new medium for my creativity. No big plan yet, but I am hoping to make a couple of personalized items for the boys' rooms. I'll post them if they turn out any good.


I continued on my adventure (did I mention that I was ALONE for this trek?) and headed to Super Target. I bought a couple more winter coats for the boys to consider and some pink M&M's. I zipped to the bank then headed to Memory Bound, the closest scrapbook store. There I bought a circle punch and a few sheets of paper. I topped off my trek with a quick stop at Fazoli's.


I called my mom on the way home and didn't recognize her when she answered the phone. I don't think that has EVER happened. She and my dad are SOOO sick. I wish I lived closer so I could take of them. Instead I arrived home to my own sick house. It hit me as soon as I walked in the door. Will apparently has a touch of the stomach flu. No pukies, just the other end. He had a fever of 102.7 and it is only being kept down because of the Motrin. He is so miserable. I hope he keeps it to himself and it is a quick 24 hour variety. The only thing he has eaten today is a small bowl of oyster crackers. He is taking fluids easily but they tend to run through him. I hope we can all rest tonight. I did sneak out to church tonight and then home to make spaghetti for those who wanted to eat.


Enough about me. I had hoped for a chillin Sunday, I suppose it is still possible. I'll let you know...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, I only live 15 minutes away and I felt helpless, too. I called this AM and she said all she wanted was Sprite. I got that and a gatorade and a powerade and left them all on the breezeway. She said she didn't want me to even come into the house... Natalie and I did get to play with the puppies, though!!!

Hope all the shopping worked out--seems like when I go buy things "to try on" mine don't fit/I decide I don't like them... but Shannen's always work (conveniently when I'm paying!!).

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE KOHL'S TOOOOOO!!!!!!! Except when I have to be there at 6:45 am for stupid early birds, which ther are no early birds in the store at 7am... Any ways we hate people who bring things back dont you know that... lol

Well hope every one feels better!

Sarah