Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tis the season...


The season for what you say... Changing leaves, autumn rain showers and sickness bugs at school.


Well, Will had a fever on Sunday late afternoon, he took Motrin, I called the family nurse, and he went to bed comfortable. I stopped in the school nurse's office Monday and she took a look at the infected ear from last week and said it was noticeably improved. He had no fever so we let him go to school. Upon getting out of school at 2:00 for P/T conferences he came home with another fever of 102.6. UGH!


Called the Dr. and he moved us from Amoxicillian to Augmentin. Gave him a little more Motrin. No more fever, went to P/T conferences without issue, played on the playground for almost an hour. Fast forward to today after school, he gets in the car a little too mellow, sure enough 101.2 fever again. Another call in to the Dr. and we wait. Guess who is staying home from school tomorrow? I think I know.


My guess is that he will stay home and rest or we'll be headed to the Dr. once we get Nic to school. Seeing as it is 4:15 local time and the Dr. leaves at 5:00 and it would take us 25 minutes to get there I am thinking we will not make it today. Here I go to sit by the phone and wait for the call...

No comments: