
I have very good reason for not writing in a few days. Thursday was kinda hectic after school as I needed to prep the house for the sitter. I had to go to the first 1/3rd of my Bus Class that night. Thankfully the boys were in good hands with Sara and I could concentrate on the task at hand. I was concerned about how applicable the class would be for me since I am not running a "real" route, before and after school. Well, thankfully or maybe not, I had plenty to learn and felt the time fly by. 4 hours later I headed home with my head swimming. It seems that I was not very well prepared for my bus job and I learned way more than I should have in this class. The good news is that this class is required and the bad news is that it is required. Friday was a weird day at school and I invited some of the girls over to celebrate completing the week but everyone scattered so no commiserating, I mean celebrating, was done. It all worked out though. I needed to get some stuff together for my monthly scrap night.
Fred got home a little after 6 and I left a little before 7. I got 5 pages done, well, no journaling but the layouts are pretty well complete. Yeah! I had fun chatting with the girls in the group too. A good way to end the week.
Saturday morning came way too early. I had to get up at my usual 6:39 to be out the door by 7:30. I was quiet enough not to wake the boys and I headed back for the next 2/3rds of my bus class. It ran from 8-4 with a working lunch. I continued to learn plenty and although my butt got tired of sitting it was well worth my time. I have a laundry list of stuff I learned, concerns I have and expectation for improvement by me and the transportation people. I have to figure out how to share the information most effectively but that is going to have to wait a few days while I calm down and contemplate.
Today was great so far. We laid low this morning waking up in shifts and we were all dressed and out the door around 12:00 to go to Ames. I kinda kept putting off Halloween costume plans and realized we only had 9 days left until the big night. Nic has decided to recycle his costume from last year, he is a Jedi I think, and Will is going to be Obi Wan Kenobi. Fred was shocked by the price of costumes, just why I kept putting off buying them. Well, we have two new light sabers, one new costume and two happy boys. Yeah!
I am baking a pumpkin pie, my second of the season. Fred is home all week so I thought I'd make something he'll enjoy working through with Nic. They are the pie guys around here. I am going to go do some ironing for the 45 mins it has left to bake. Tis the season for long sleeved shirts that need ironed. Gosh I miss the $1.50 dry cleaner in MI.
2 comments:
so, do ALL babysitters go by the name Sara/Sarah??? I have 3, personally.... Just funny.
Natalie has decided she would be a "bunglebee" again--for the THIRD year in a row. Shannen bought her this cute "Belle" dress on EBay for cheap last spring... she doesn't care. Erin (next door) is going to be a bee (again), so Natalie is, too!!
Yeah, the more you know about transportation, the scarier it is. I think it is better just to play stupid... except when it is YOU driving or your kids riding!
Have a great week with your family! Football is over and basketball starts today--I get my Friday nights back for a while!
Take care.
I LOVE your music.....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thanks for the addition.
Mom
Post a Comment