I am working on the life list and it is up to fifty items. Some are fun, some are frivolous, some are all about others and all are just like me! I can do this. It will take time but it is good motivation to have the list started. I will need to work on a timeline/deadline. 40 is too soon, 50 might be a good goal. I'll think on that!
Boys went to school today relatively happy. Besides the fact that Augmentin chewables taste horrific Will was in a decent mood today. I thought I would brighten their day and after I dropped them off at school I went to the local flower shop and ordered them each a small balloon bouquet. Nic's says "You're Awesome" and Will's says, "Thinking of you, Because you're terrific!" I included some candy for the weight and wrote them each a cute sweet mommy note. I thought that they would get called down to the office to see their surprise sometime during the day. The silly secretary didn't call them down till the end of the day. Just as I was picking them up! Oh well, so much for brightening their day at school... They both smiled at the cards I wrote and that was all it took for me to get teary. Did I mention??? I LOVE MY KIDS!
This afternoon has been a bit hectic. Nic had to write a story using his 30 spelling words. He could do that in his sleep but... his teacher instructed them to do it all in cursive. They have not been required to write in cursive at all so far this year. I brought this up at p/t conferences on Monday. I guess he took my advice and decided to get them into the habit of writing in cursive again. I think a story might have been a little too much too fast. Nic was bawling at the table, feeling so overwhelmed, and so frustrated because he had forgotten so much cursive. Lucky for me I had purchased a place mat with cursive letters on it for Will to practice with. Nic used this as a reference and really remembered plenty once he got started. It was rough going for a while though.
I made steak for dinner and some hash browns and my famous pumpkin muffins. Nic and I have already eaten 1/2 of them. Oops! Guess I won't be taking them to work with me tomorrow. Sorry girls.
Well, Fred is on the phone and I need to shuttle my kids off to bed. Tootle loo!
No comments:
Post a Comment