Sunday, October 7, 2007

What a weekend!

The whole thing started a little rough on Friday night but we turned it around and got down to fun and progress on some big tasks. Yeah us!


Friday we enjoyed Bailey's for dinner as usual. I thought about going to the football game but no one really wanted to join me and Fred had just gotten home from Mexico so we hung close to home and all stayed busy and out of out of each others way.


Saturday we moved a little slow but just couldn't figure out what to do with ourselves. Since it was such a great day weather wise, and the Cyclones didn't have a home game, we settle on putt putt in Ames. We had not been to this course before, just noticed it when driving by. It was a little expensive but it was a fun course, VERY challenging. Fred won, just barely, and I came in second. Will was third and Nic was last. Only one stroke separated the boys. Pretty good time. After we played we headed to the bank and then to Panera. Everyone seems to get something they like there and I like to think it is a better meal than McDonald's. At least nothing is fried.


After the fun and food we stopped in at Best Buy to buy new headphones for my sweet new cell phone. I got this one last weekend. Of course my ear buds from my old phone don't fit the new one. It just figures.


We followed up the Best Buy trip with a stop at Lowe's. We needed to find some carpet for the basement play area that we are trying to move from one section of the basement to another. Carpet was a bit more than we had planned on and the choices off the rack were not too good. On our way out we noticed these foam floor tiles and were intrigued enough to note the price. As we were leaving Lowe's I remembered that Sam's carried the tiles too so we headed there next. Well, the Sam's tiles were about 60% less than the ones at Lowe's. They boys seemed really pumped about the concept and we ran with it. We also picked up two new bar stools and the necessary milk, bread and chips that drove us there in the first place. $360 later we headed home to get busy.


We decided on a floor plan for the tiles and got them 75% done before we realized that we had to make a minor adjustment to the color scheme/pattern. No big, they were really easy to adjust. The boys were so cute about loading the room with all of their toys. They ran back and forth from the old room to the new room carrying books, bins, board games and took the necessary union breaks as well. We laughed a lot last night. This morning we went back to work a bit more. The computer is now in that room along with a TV. We toyed with the idea of turning my mom's old Kindergarten Table into a bar but decided against it. Nic is disappointed. He'll live I'm sure.
Well, this morning, too early I heard the boys for a few minutes in the LR right outside of our room. In a short while they had gotten REALLY quiet and I couldn't hear the usual cartoons. Guess where they had moved? You got it! The Junior Man Cave. I am going to make a sign for it and everything! They were playing a mean game of Lego Racer, the board game, on their little kid table and were just having a good old time. They need to move their bean bags into that room and if they had a mini-fridge I am sure we wouldn't see them for days on end.
We are topping off the weekend with beef stew for dinner and homemade pumpkin pie for dessert. Daddy leaves again tomorrow for a few days in Dallas so I thought I'd cook while there was still someone here to notice. Sadly I did not get to celebrate National Card Making Day yesterday by making any cards. I do have some I made a few weeks ago and I hope to send some this week. It looks pretty light according to the white board so that shouldn't be too tough.
Off to check the stew. Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is too cute, you are hired for Julie's Bounus Room next. She bought a Poker table and some new kid kitchen stuff... but the room is just odd.... Well im here for a week they are in Cancun untill Thursday. Mom thought it would be fun to go to Chuck E Cheese's today. 5:00 on a Sunday... I thought she was crazy but when we got there and we squeezed in to a table and kids didnt want to listen she looked at me and said i dont remember this being this busy.... Jen Natalie and Landry joined. JoJo is so funny, he is so jelous of Landry. Natalie just loves to follow around Grace... We all made it out ok Grace was mad but we survived. Got feed and had free entertainment for 2 hours on Aunt Joan! Got to love it. School in the AM i havent pulled this shift in a while so its going to be hard! Wish me luck but i hope to get stuff done while they are at school like ME STUFF and ALONE TIME! Wel need to get to bed...