Will and I are hanging out today doing a lot of nothing. It is a day like this that makes me thankful and restless at the same time. I slept a bit longer after Nic left for school. I showered, emptied the dishwasher and vacuumed the WHOLE house, stairs to the basement included!
Now I am putzing on the computer and Will is trying to play some PS2 but I am so inept that I can not figure out how to set it up. Nic changed it to TV last night and I have no idea how to get it back to auxiliary. How pathetic. I just e-mailed my tech support in Mexico. (That would be my uber smart husband)
Back to my original thoughts... I was checking out some of my favorite blogs and came upon a link to another blog about life lists. This is not a new concept but one that I have never really given much time to. Perhaps I should. It is a little scary to think about putting your deepest desires to paper with a pen no less. Maybe I could use a pencil. Or maybe I should use a Sharpie! I am going to give this idea a little of my time today. Perhaps while I am folding the two load of laundry that I have started. I don't think I will post my list right away, maybe once I have checked a few things off. Maybe...
I am a real list person and need the visual to remind me. Note the weekly calender/white board. I still keep two calenders, one mobile and one for the kitchen but this "list" is a great reminder for me and others. I'll have to put some time on my calender to work on this life list. Anyone else up for it? Or better yet, does anyone already have one? I think the idea is to write about things you want to do between NOW and some future date. So if you have already been skydiving no need to add that to the list. I am off to check the laundry and feed myself and Will some lunch.
1 comment:
Hi Susan. I enjoy your blog when I get to it--and this time I can't help but comment on lifelisting and being locals.
Lifelisting in journals and finding them a motivator--and a smile or two when I look back and read for fun! Some things (like losing weight or stopping smoking!) I just do ditto marks. Others, indeed, I make happen. I love the commentary about living away from home. For us, it seems double difficult because for so very long, we WERE the "l'bug locals" and now, of course, we have joined the Charlotte "locals" who were those we saw the least so long ago. But--Sam/Sean & Jay being far away--toughest! Now I know home mother must have felt about Rosemary's kiddos--guess what matters most, as you so correctly noted--the joy of picking up wherever we left off--as if time AND distance don't really matter at all. Besides, it really is super fun to be the "celebrities" as visitors!
Post a Comment