Monday, October 29, 2007

The way it all went down


OK, so here is my trip report backwards. I uploaded these photos and could not get them to go the other direction. We headed to IN on Friday around lunch. I drove with a migraine until I had to pull over and take a 30 minute nap, then we got into IL to drive through rain all the way across the state. No one coordinated potty breaks very well and since it was raining the wet dog smell was tough to avoid in the enclosed car. The good news... We Made It!

Friday we visited for just a few minutes with mom and dad then crashed. Saturday I ran a couple of errands, the boys went to sell raffle tickets with my dad and my wonderful mom gave my dog a haircut! Around lunch Joan, Mike, Natalie and Landry came over to hang and eat tasty grilled cheese. We hung out, I got another birthday present! and tried to keep the princess entertained. All of the sudden it was time to go to the main event, Tyler's Eagle Ceremony. The camp was super busy but we found a place to park and headed in. The ceremony was really nice, we saw lots of people we hadn't seen in a long time and we had Papa John's Pizza for dinner. I was a happy camper for sure!

After Tyler's event the boys ran around for a bit then we parted ways. We got lost going to my sister's but made it in time to hang out a bit before getting down to business. This was not strictly a social event. We had 1000 envelopes to stuff. Well, we got 995 done before we ran short on one item. Close enough in my book! We then headed back to mom and dad's to crash. The boys of course weren't too tired but I managed to send them to bed around 10 Iowa time.

Morning came way too soon. We were up and the boys spent some time playing with the puppies while I got ready for my day and loaded the car. We headed out a little before 10 to meet up with the in-laws for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. After a too quick meal we headed west, destination HOME.

The drive was pretty uneventful. We made three stops at McDonald's, don't ask, and did a little better with bathroom breaks. We drove about 500 miles in 7 hours and 45 minutes. The breaks were short and the roads were dry. This was a good trip.




This was the view I had waited for all day! Heading west through Iowa I got to enjoy the sunset and my music as the boys munched on McDonald's "one more time" and one last time this weekend.






This wonderful lady set my kids up for Halloween. Candy, coins and Spiderman folders! She always has treats for us. This time we got cereal and Mac N Cheese. I love it when she does my grocery shopping. I men that with complete sincerity.







We met the Culp, party of three, at Cracker Barrel for breakfast before heading back to IA. While we were waiting to be seated Mary received a VERY exciting phone call. It seems that little miss Megan had won a story writing contest sponsored by the Logansport Pharos Tribune! Her mom was practically glowing with pride! Other BIG Culp news is Matt's move to the day shift at SIA. I don't think it is called that anymore, but you get the idea. He has worked second shift forever. This will be a big adjustment for everyone in the house. Good luck guys! PS Mary, I am seriously interested in getting that CVS song. If you ever get the chance to download it for your phone system send it my way. PPS, Matt, Denise is taking care of my Aspen Mulling Spices. She is headed this way in less than two weeks and knows exactly where to get them. Let's just pray they carry them this year!












Will's favorite part of the trip was seeing Tango's puppies! They have cute "dance" related names like: Salsa, Samba, Twister (the twist), Big and Little Bertha and ???. All VERY sweet even when they pee in your lap, right Will?








A definite bonus to going to Indy was seeing this cutie! My first nephew Landry.




The reason for our trip stands above, the handsome blond in uniform. Congrats on your accomplishment Tyler and kudos to mom Denise too! Love you both. The boys really enjoyed spending time with Tyler after the ceremony. They ran around like hooligans at Camp Belzer and have the dirty clothes to prove it. They are pretty pumped that our friends will be heading west to IA in less than two weeks to see us. It will be a short visit but I am quite certain that we will pack it with FUN!












4 comments:

Jen said...

just to let you know, I spoke with the printers on Sunday--ran into them at church--and 995 "is pretty good" in the printing world. I didn't know they "sorta kinda just print a bunch and hope you have enough!"
I'm sorry your trip here was burdened with the stuffing, but at least you didn't have to seal them (all by myself, 995--THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!)
It was great to see you and the boys. Looking forward to a much more relaxing visit during the holidays (is that even possible??)
TAKE CARE!

Anonymous said...

We can enjoy eachother during the holidays only if you dont get any more stuffing jobs... Ill be sleeping when i can and you will all be enjoying each others company...

Anonymous said...

Susan it was good to see you. Mom, your mom, Jen and Myself had emailed back and forth that we didnt even think we wre going to see you..... But it was good to see you and the boys and im happy we did! Could you guys imagine stuffing those with out Susan we wouldnt have laughed as much with you Susan there. Happy Counting "Oh Shit" "I lost count". That is why I didnt coun't i knew i would loose count on envelope number 5. Happy Tuesday Love to all!

Betsy said...

Even a SHORT visit is better than none. It was fantastic seeing my favorite older grandsons and daughter....we missed you Fred! I missed out on the envelope stuffing but you seemed to have enough help and I was enjoying the "children"...isn't that what granny is supposed to do! Mom