I got the call way too early this morning that we were out for a snow day. It gets me up long enough to call the next guy on the calling tree and put the dog out. Then I went back to sleep. YEAH me! The boys woke on their own around 8 and so began our day. We have been bums but I have also played a rousing game of Monopoly Junior, done a load of laundry, vacuumed the ENTIRE house, even behind the dryer, and am currently trying to declutter some papers that seem to be reproducing on their own. The boys are taking some time to play in the bitter cold. We had an electronic morning and an electronic free afternoon. We even took some time to make ornaments for Granny's tree. Will liked my idea and Nic ran an entirely different but cool direction. I'll try to post some pics later.
Once I get the boys back in I think we'll head in to town to vote on the bond issue for the new middle school. My neighbor, the middle school principal, called earlier to offer me a ride but said I had to promise to vote yes. I think I'll drive myself. I was going to ride in with some other neighbors and leave my boys at their house but the road doesn't look very bad so I may as well drive myself.
Off to check the boys for frostbite. Maybe I'll post more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment