So I talked to my amazing sister Jen today. Thanks for calling. My crabby 9 year old was in the middle of a fit but left long enough for me to get through my conversation with her. We had a nice chat then Nic and I had a nice chat and it was all better! Yeah!
He got his math homework done, we had PB&J for dinner and got ready for the Elementary Music Concert. The boys looked spiffy and we headed off. My pal Vicki saved me a seat and the boys did a great job. After the concert I noticed a redness to Nic's face. It was a little splotchy and I asked a neighbor what she thought. He immediate response was try a little Benadryl. We did that. Easy enough.
Just went to go check on Nic as I was heading to bed and the rash is WAY worse, all over his face! I called the First Nurse line and was informed that it is likely a viral rash. UGH! I could expect a fever, maybe some diarrhea, maybe this explains the crabby attitude after school. Well, the good news is the Fred is in town this week and we are both more off than at work on Thursday and Friday. Bad news is that it is only Monday and he could be totally better by then. So what do we do in the meantime? Well, I could likely be home tomorrow and I have put in an early bid for Fred to stay home on Wednesday. We are doing Christmas at school on Wed and I REALLY don't want to miss it!
Well Jen, you asked for an up-date. Aren't you so glad you asked! Love YA! Call the house tomorrow, I may be home.
2 comments:
Had the same thing happen to Natalie--we freaked out and in two days it was gone. Our expert family nurse helped to diagnose what it WASN'T, even after I sent cool pictures instantly over the computer from my house to hers (how cool is that?). ANYWAY--I'm finding that the more you think you can "plan" with kids--the crazier you are (which is why, Susan, I think we are crazy to "plan" a gathering for the 30th). I am SURE one of our children or our husbands (or more than one--or even the dog) will have some issue. Enjoy the coldness-it isn't even WINTER YET!!!!
Take care. Looking forward to a visit soon! LOVE YOU
you know girls....maybe WE should just plan to go out for dinner together. Leave the boys and Fred at 2205, and ShannEn with the kids at his house. WE CAN CELEBRATE being together. They can enjoy vegging.
Happy day to both of you. I just wanted to share a new definition I made up on the way to work...since I know you BOTH do such a great job at clearing it out.
Clutter= the stuff you thought you couldn't live without! Come clean mine out:-)
Can next week be Christmas? Yikes.
mom
Post a Comment