
Yes, I think it is time. I will buy a horse and a wagon and we'll give up the van! So yesterday I headed to Ankney to do maybe the last of my shopping. There was snow in the forecast but I can handle snow. Well, the freezing rain that was supposed to show up after midnight was on eastern Europe time and showed up at 4. This was the same time I was leaving Ankney hoping to be home for 5PM mass. Well, that was not going to happen. I stopped 8 times between Ankney and home to scrape my window. I had just purchased wiper fluid at Target but the exit points on my hood and rear window were all frozen. The defroster, on 90 degrees, was only giving me about 6 inches of clear window. It was terrible.
I was not alone on the road, plenty of people were doing the exact same thing. I stopped at the only two gas stations between here and there and saw some of the same people. I was calmed by the fact that I had my cell phone and a radio station full of Christmas songs, although I did have to turn that off because it was too distracting. I was so intent on the road in front of me that I missed the turn off for my house. As I saw my neighborhood go by I went up to the next street and doubled back. I was VERY glad to get home in one piece but was sad that I had missed mass for another week (last week it was cancelled due to the ice storm).
Today we are home and enjoying the warmth of being together. Laundry is moving through the process and I now need to think about dinner. I wish I had stew meat. Maybe a yummy homemade pizza will hit the spot. Time to go get input.
1 comment:
sounds like your part of the state is being hit a lot worse than mine. The weather forcasters keep predicting bad stuff and we get just a part of what they have said. I really would like the ice to come in tonight. I could go for a late start or snow day tomorrow.
Post a Comment