Tuesday, December 18, 2007

We made it... almost


The boys woke up less than happy this morning and I was sure I was going to be home today. Once Nic got up and moving his rash did not look that bad. I took his temp and he had none. Will was complaining of a sore throat so we took his temp too. Both clear. They went to school. No one forgot their shoes or lunch or homework and the morning went well.


Just as K and I got to work this afternoon I got a call from the school nurse. She sounded annoyed and said I needed to come and get Nic and I needed to get him looked at by a Dr. before he could come back to school. I hung up, finished what K and I were working on, apologized for leaving early and ran back to the HS to explain why K was done early and to sign myself out for the day.


I ran to the elementary, grabbed both boys and we ran by the house before the back to back 3:30-3:45 appt. with the Dr. He swabbed Will's throat to check for Strep, Negative! He chalked his throat pain to a virus. He took a little longer with Nic guessing maybe Fifths Disease, I thought that was a baby/toddler thing. He said let's call it a viral rash (just what First Nurse said) and said he could go to school if he didn't have a temp over 100.0. Sounded fair to me.


We ran to K-Mart got a couple of things, ate a quick dinner at the K-Cafe and headed home to get the homework done. I ran to town to finish my Christmas Shopping for the ladies at school then home to bake banana bread to share. YUM. Too bad I only have enough bananas to make loaves for work. Guess I'll make some for us later.


Here's hoping that no one will pop up with a fever tonight and that I will be able to be at work tomorrow to share these goodies. Now I need to iron a shirt for Fred and check the loaves. Goodnight!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Exactly what we decided that Natalie had--"viral rash" And guess what--no one was the worse for having it. So you tell your nurse lady at school to chill out.
Have a great rest of the week. Hope it is uneventful and you can RELAX before the excitement that is INDIANA FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!
Love you. Jen (not mom, just signed in as her..??)

Colleen said...

Gotta love school nurses. Two years ago we got a phone call a minute before school let out that our oldest was not feeling well, but didn't have a fever. She wanted to know what we wanted to do with her. Gee, school is over send her home.

Thanks for the comments about the costumes. Yes, I have tons, 5 costumes a year for the past 5 years and I am not sure how many from before Kristen started dancing. Add this to all of my homemade Halloween costumes and I will have a dress up lovers dream closet when I have grandchildren. (and that had better be at least 10 years in the future)