Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!



Check out the first ornament on the advent calender, gently placed by Will. Thanks buddy!




Well, the snow, rain, ice and freezing rain all showed up in central IA today. I woke around 8, I know I was pretty amazed that Pete lasted that long, and let Pete out in the freezing rain. He didn't stay out too long. I tried to go back to sleep but the noise from the rain kept me awake. Even so the boys woke a bit later and the day began. The day of nothing. Well, I did talk to my sister long enough to identify the Christmas tree from my mom's last year. Not sure if I identified it correctly but I did have photographic evidence so that helped. Jen also gave me a little grief about my blogging lately. I guess my life hasn't been exciting enough for her. Well, such is life here I suppose.




Actually yesterday was quite happening! Fred turned the big 40. It was less than overwhelming, just the way he likes it. I gave him his present, a PSP, about a month ago so I didn't even have anything to wrap for him. I did order Omaha Steaks and twice baked potatoes for dinner and a friend of mine made this amazing dessert for us and delivered it hot and ready. I would call that a success. He got calls from his mom, my mom, my brother and his sister to wish him a happy. He felt the love.




Another highlight of yesterday was that I was able to play school secretary. Our very capable secretary had to leave early and I had a few empty periods so I stepped in. Well, I usually go to work with K in the afternoon but that fell through so I ended up in the secretary chair all afternoon. It was a fun change of pace. I think I would really like a job like that some day, good to know all the kids, but our Tammy is not going anywhere.




Well enjoy these pics of our holiday decor. I'll try to come up with some excitement this month to share with anyone who is still reading/listening. Hi Jen!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Ahhhh, that's more like it! And now I feel more christ-smy and part of the excitememt! I don't care if no one else checks in Susan......I love reading your blog. OK, a challenge, all those who read Susan's Blog, please sign in!

Anonymous said...

I love Susans Blog... I look every day some times twice... Love to see pics of OUR dog and to read what is going on... Well dad and I are going to go look for a xmas present for mom...

Jen said...

I didn't think your blogging was boring--quite the contrary. I look forward to reading even mundane things... it makes the miles seem not so many.

Congrats on your Christmas decor and I really like your Advent calendar. I've been wanting one, but haven't looked at all. Just hoping one landed in my lap one day...

Natalie and I are now going to work on decorating our tree--the littlest elf just went down for nap #2 of the day. The big elf--no naps at all... Just getting her ready for the fun and non-schedule of the Christmas holidays!!!

LOVE YOU LOTS. Glad we didn't get what you got. LOTS of rain here--all day. If it had been snow, I might be off a few days!

Take care--all of you. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY to Fred. Thought about him--does that count?