With all truthfulness, my first attempt didn't turn out half bad. This is my second attempt at an altered clipboard. I covered it in patterned paper then mod podged over the top. This one could probably use a couple more coats but I want to take it to work and show it off tomorrow. I have a few blank canvases that I bought last month that I need to get busy with too. Not sure where I am going with them but my original plan was a piece of art for each boy's room. We'll see...
I have found that I get a great amount of satisfaction from taking time to create. I love decorating for the holidays (creating an atmosphere), I love making sweet things in my kitchen (creating calories), and I love creating in my "studio/scraproom." Maybe in my next life I'll be an artist?
I am soooo glad that today is over and that it has ended on such a great note. I headed out the door to school today only to find that my car battery was dying a slow death. I called my neighbor and he was willing to help but had no jumper cables. He came over to my garage where I had been unable to find the cables and found them IMMEDIATELY. Embarrassing! We had to push the van out of the garage to get close enough to connect but with patience he helped me through a rough patch.
Once I got to school all things were good, including a second breakfast that consisted of spaghetti at 8:45AM. After 2nd hour I took S to work as usual. On the way there the windshield wiper went wacko on me and on the way back it was no longer functioning. Finally, when I had reached the safe-haven of school again, I had another van mishap! I was trying to back-in to a parking space, something I do everyday I drive the van, and managed to get myself on a section of the ice-covered parking lot that had absolutely pristine ice. Well, as I was pulling forward to straighten out I found myself spinning my wheels in the middle of the parking lot unable to move. I crawled out of the van, hoping no one had just seen and slipped into school. I found my pal Jan at lunch and told her the story. She laughed with me and the principal offered to move the van for me and call the bus barn about the non-functioning wiper. I am sure that many people will laugh at my misfortune, me included, and I have learned to watch the ice and continue to back into parking spaces because you never know when you'll need a jump!
Goodnight all.
No comments:
Post a Comment