Well it was a good week overall. The grout got stained. Some landscaping got refreshed, some got replaced and it all got new mulch! I understand that I will be spending more time at home early next week as some trim in the foyer is scheduled to get replaced. The restoration company attempted to sand and paint it instead of replacing it and now it is warped and needs replaced. I think this is going to be a dusty, messy job. UGH! Still waiting on hot water in the guest bathroom. No timeline from the restoration people. Hopefully before our next bit of company in June.
Today was a teacher appreciation luncheon at the boys' school. They do these once each quarter. Today was all about down home comfort foods so I made homemade mac 'n cheese. Strange to make it at 8:00 AM but that's how it needed to happen. I took one dish to school close to 10 and put the other in my fridge. Why go through all that work and not reap the rewards?
After I dropped off my dish I headed to Kohl's. When mom was here a few weeks back we bought a new rug for the foyer. According to my mother it needed a friend so I went back and bought a smaller version to put right at the front door. I then totally forgot to get the pad to go under it but thankfully they sell those at Target which was also on my list.

After Kohl's I ran to Game Stop to pick-up a copy of Pokemon Platinum. It is a new DS game that all of the boys' friends seems to have bought the day it came out (which was last Sunday). I had been going back and forth about getting it for them, getting one copy or two, putting it in their Easter Baskets???? Well, they REALLY wanted it, wanted two copies and wanted to buy it with their own money. Fine with me. I took them to the bank after school so they could withdrawal the funds and pay me back. All settled and they have been playing long and hard since about 5:00 with a brief break for dinner.

After Game Stop I ran to the bank then to Target for a few things but mainly chocolate milk. So I checked out... $119 and realized as I slid my credit card. I forgot the MILK!

After I took the boys to the bank after school we ran in and got the milk and picked up dinner in the form of Kid Cuisine, since by this time I knew that daddy was not coming home tonight as planned. I have since learned that his replacement flight scheduled for tomorrow morning has also been cancelled. He is hoping to be home in time for dinner. It has been a really long week for him since he left Sunday and started his week in S.C. and is now coming home from Mexico a day later than planned. I feel for the guy.
So I watched a couple of DVR things, some Clean House on the Style network and since it was already on the channel I slipped right in to watching Dr. 90210. What a great thoughtless way to end the week. I need to go kiss and tuck and then I think I'll read a bit before I slumber off to dreamland.
I think we all get to sleep in a bit tomorrow. Fred too even though he is in another country! Then we probably need to spend some time getting the house in order a bit. I don't think it is in bad shape but I haven't seen the game room in a couple of days and the mail is a bit scattered about. Shouldn't take too much to pull it all together. Maybe we'll even make it to Ikea to pick-up a treat for daddy. Just because we love him SOOOOOO MUCH!
No comments:
Post a Comment