
I had a good day. It started way too early when the smoke alarm outside of my room decided to chirp it's low battery alert at 2:03AM. The ceilings here are quite high and I was not about to climb on a ladder with no one spotting me at 2AM. I closed my bedroom door, put a pillow over my heard and must have eventually fallen back to sleep. When I woke up at 6:15 the chirping had stopped but by the time I got out of the shower it was going again. I wrote myself a note to get batteries and started my day. First thing on my list was putting in more time at the book fair. We had a rush before school but it DEAD by 9:30 so I left and ran to Targ
et to do some grocery shopping. I went there starving though, never a good idea, and came home with much more crap than I needed. I put the groceries away, read a bit and then headed to school to pick up Will for a Dr. appt. We grabbed lunch at Chick-Fil-A and headed to see the gastroenterologist. The appt. went quickly so we headed back to school. He went back to class and I went back to the book fair.
et to do some grocery shopping. I went there starving though, never a good idea, and came home with much more crap than I needed. I put the groceries away, read a bit and then headed to school to pick up Will for a Dr. appt. We grabbed lunch at Chick-Fil-A and headed to see the gastroenterologist. The appt. went quickly so we headed back to school. He went back to class and I went back to the book fair.After school I checked out the boys' open house projects and we finally headed home around 3:30. We all had a little down-time, I spent much of mine chatting with my pal Vicki from Iowa. We ordered pizza quickly and ran to pick it up before I dropped the boys at their friends and picked up my date for the evening... Miss Holly Wood. We decided to get a bit silly tonight and dress in the theme of the book fair. I went classy with an all black outfit accented with pearls. Holly went a little trashy with a crispy black wig and more shiny bling than I have in my entire jewelry box. She was eye catching and kinda startled the assistant principal tonight. All f
un and we, along with some other AMAZING volunteers, worked our fingers to the bone. We had lines the entire length of the library waiting to check out on my single computer that we could use to check out patrons using credit cards. We eventually broke out the dinosaur credit card sliding machine that takes an imprint of the card. It was CRAZY busy but the $ raised was great and will be used to get more library books and stuff for the school.
un and we, along with some other AMAZING volunteers, worked our fingers to the bone. We had lines the entire length of the library waiting to check out on my single computer that we could use to check out patrons using credit cards. We eventually broke out the dinosaur credit card sliding machine that takes an imprint of the card. It was CRAZY busy but the $ raised was great and will be used to get more library books and stuff for the school.We got a big surprise after we dropped Holly off at home. As we were pulling out of the driveway my phone rang and it was Fred. He asked where we were, I assumed he had called the house to find us out and about. He was surprising us by coming home from MX a night early. It was a nice surprise for me and my aching feet. I asked him to take care of taking the garbage cans to the curb. I was exhausted and when I pulled into Holly's' driveway and saw her trashcans I practically melted at the thought of putting my own out tonight. My night in shining armor saved the day.
Well, I am BEAT. The good news is that I don't think I have anything on the calender tomorrow. Spring Break starts at 3:01, my kids are well aware of that. We are looking forward to a mellow, stress free week with a little sightseeing and a lot of sleeping. That's my plan at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment