Thursday, March 5, 2009

Almost to the weekend!

This week seems like it has been a little long. Maybe because I have had four action packed days. Monday was supposed to be full of all of those appts. Tuesday included lunch to celebrate my pal Sabrina's birthday (only a week late) and Wednesday was taking care of a little more fire stuff with the cable company and picking up my parents from the airport. Thankfully their mattress showed up 24 hours before they did. Sadly, the guest bath shower had not been tested since our return to the house and somehow they have no HOT WATER! Easily resolved by a shower in the boys' bathroom but annoying and hard to fix. We are hoping we don't need to tear into the wall to find the resolution...


Mom and Dad and I did a little shopping today. I picked out a rug for the entry and we checked out a consignment furniture shop. I had seen a wardrobe there last month and it was still there. The price has dropped but it is still a little more than what we have coming to us in insurance money for an antique dresser we lost in the fire. I am going to try to see how far down I can negotiate. I hope it goes well then we can mark one more item off of our still need to buy list.


Tomorrow the DI team will perform their skit ONE MORE TIME at school. I have to get the set all moved over there, thankfully my folks can help with that. It should be fun to see the reaction of their peers. Hopefully all positive.


Ok, time for me to hit the hay. More excitement this weekend I'm sure!

1 comment:

Dunhams said...

Good luck with the armoire! It's really cool looking! Oh, and we had that same issue with hot water in some of our guest bathrooms...it was an easy fix, start by kind of rattling the handle really hard and hitting the plate that it's on (seriously!)...our's was the stupid "cartridge" that changes the water (???) and we occasionally have to just do that again to get it moving, if it hasn't been used in awhile. Worth a shot...even though it sounds crazy and violent :)