So I bought myself a little treat today at Wally-World. For no reason at all I was drawn down a gardening aisle when I saw this.... 

Isn't it so cute? It is supposed to hold a plant but I don't really have a green thumb. (In reality my thumb is currently injured and in a brace.) But I thought what the helk. I could always put a fake plant in it!
The family and I had a busy weekend. Nic went to a b-day party at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine on Saturday. The b-day boy invited Will to join in the fun on Sat. so he and I let the party get a head start then headed that way, and got there thanks to Jack, and joined in the fun. We ended up at the lodge until 8 ish then headed home to collapse. The whole experience was great fun. Will and Nic had a blast in the water-park and arcade. Another place we'll have to add to our places to return list. I was also thinking that when the little cousins get a little bigger and the big cousins aren't too big this would be a GREAT place for a family reunion. There are lots of locations and it is all encompassing, no transportation required once you arrive. Kind of like Disney but without the rides.
Sunday came too soon and Will ha d another b-day party to go to. I had in my head that the party was from 2-4. I was signing the release required for Will to play laser tag at the party when I realized I was wrong, the party was 4-6. Oops. Crisis averted though, no one got dropped off at the arcade two hours early. Not sure that he would have minded it too much though.
At about the time I got home from taking Will, Nic arrived home. He was wiped out from the celebration so he was pretty mellow. When I picked up Will I got Nic some popcorn chicken at Sonic and dinner was done! Will ate at the party and Fred left for South Caroline before dinner so I had an easy night of it. Gotta love that!

So last night I was browsing through a Better Homes and Garden Special Edition on Organizing. I am always looking for ideas and improvements so a magazine like this excites me. I saw a bunch of great ideas and got really inspired. the good news is that inspiration led me to ACTION and today I cleaned up and organized my pantry. Not really glamorous but necessary. I pulled stuff out, re-sorted, recontainerized a few things, labeled and straightened. I even labeled the shelves by categories so help with the putting away and restocking. I did run out of label tape though so I need to pick that up tomorrow. Once I had it mostly back together I ran to Wal-Mart for a few items and came home with exactly what I needed plus the BIG tea cup! All good.
Tonight I was all set to take the kids to Relig. Ed when at the last minute my neighbor flagged me down to tell me we are off this week. The kids got to play outside an extra half hour and the moms visited. Will went to a friend's after school today and tried to take his bike up a ramp. That resulted in a BIG scrape to his knee. The little brother of Will's friend came down to get me and alerted me to Will's injury. He explained on the way back down the street to his house that Will had "like 10 blood vessel exposed." Thankfully a little first aide goes a long way and I patched him up pretty well. He is all in a tizzy that they have school pics tomorrow. he is insistent that he can not sit in the front row of the class picture for fear that his band-aid will forever be captured on Kodak. (Oh wait, that doesn't happen anymore does it?) I suggested he just wear pants to avoid the possibility. He is still considering it. I think that wearing pants means he can't share his battle wound with anyone. Have to see what he comes down wearing tomorrow morning.
Well, my migraine medicine has kicked in again tonight. I think we are getting a storm front, I feel it in my head. I am going to the Dr. tomorrow to talk about my injurred thumb and I plan to get my monies worth out of the visit and talk about the migraine increase in the last couple of months and the strange twitching that my right eyelid has been doing. I feel like an old lady with a laundry list of things that I have been saving up. In reality the thumb has been lingering for about a month and the migraine thing comes and goes. The eyelid twitch just started last week though... A reasonable window if you ask me.
I'll let you know how it all turns out tomorrow.
1 comment:
Wore me out!
Post a Comment