Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A great day for math geeks




So I read this article on Yahoo about how today is a great day for math geeks. 3-3-09 is a Square Root Day and this only happens 9 times every century. So five years ago when it was 2-2-04 and 7 years from now when it is 4-4-16 the math geeks of the work will celebrate in the streets and hallways of learning institution around the world.



So I was wondering... Do you think they will have a parade on 3-14-15? Do you think that people will count backwards so that their offspring have a high probability of being born on this auspicious date?


Don't get me wrong, I appreciate math for the role it plays in my life. I even have a silly book devoted to Pi, (it was a gift). But seriously getting psyched about a Square Root Day? Now, if you want to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day in May, or World Cardmaking Day in October I will be the one to bring the required Peanut Butter M&M's! Just don't know what to bring for the office pot-luck on Square Root Day.

3 comments:

Dunhams said...

I'll have to tell my hubby about that...he'll be excited :) He was a math major.

Jen said...

Just remember it as Natalie's 5th birthday. That is ALL you have to know.
Hope all your appointments happened!
LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Proper pitch-in items on this day include anything for a square meal. Cube steak, and carrots, radishes, onions, potatos, all cubed of course. And yes I know a cube is not a square, but 2 dimensional food lacks...er, depth. One could also make a pie in a 9X9 and say "pi r squared".

Great Uncle Don