Monday, March 16, 2009

Damn Virus! and BABY news... NOT MY BABY!

The week ended up well. Once I reread my posting from Thursday and seeing my typos I just decided to move on.

Friday was ANOTHER day of rain. I had some errands that I HAD to take care of so I was out and about when it was time to get the kids from school. We picked up a couple of extra kids and headed home. We got right to work on spring break right away. The boys had been video game free all week so they were in a rush to get back to the game. It was all good and they were happy so I let them be.


Saturday started off well enough, slow and quiet then around lunch Nic complained of feeling hot and having a sore throat. I took his temp around 1 and it was 100.1. Two hours later it was 103.1 so we headed to urgent care. He had the exact symptoms as Will at the onset of his flu. I planned for a week at home with a miserable child. The flu test was negative as was the rapid strep test. He fell asleep while we waited for these useless results and I listened to the four year old next door SCREAM through her ear irrigation. We came home with no more info than when we left and I gave him some Tylenol to help his fever and discomfort. He slept another couple of hours and seemed a bit improved but still run down by bedtime.


Well, Sunday we all stayed busy, mostly at home. Fred worked on our taxes, I planned meals for the week and made a monster grocery run. I had a list and coupons and a plan. I arrived home to find Will out riding bikes in the hood and Fred and Nic doing what they do best. I put my food away, started some laundry and then joined the neighbors on the driveway and visited while the kids played. I headed back in to make a late supper and the boys showered while Fred and I re-made their beds. I was nesting on Sunday and decided that a great way to start Spring Break was being clean and sleeping on clean sheets. Well, the bad thing is that the virus survived the Spring Cleaning.


I was hoping that Nic would wake up a new kid or that the Dr. office would call to say the culture developed and he has Strep. Ugh, neither happened. He still has a bit of a fever and the Dr office said no Strep. I guess we continue to muddle through the virus and put our Spring Break plans on hold.



The good news of being stuck at home today was that we were here to get the call. Jennifer and Shannen had their 3rd child today, Welcome to the World Kael Owen Priser!

No comments: