Tuesday we could not stay home any longer. Nic was feeling better so I took us all to see Race to Witch Mountain and to take care of a couple of returns at the mall. The movie was fun, action packed and nostalgic all at the same time. We headed home after a quick detour to the library to make a return and I had a little Come TO Jesus Meeting with my kids.
I was really disappointed at their lack of gratitude and their selfishness on Tuesday and I was just tired of it all. I was not trying to be EVIL about it but I think my kids at 8 and 10 yrs are old enough to contribute to the house and realize that I made the choice to take them to the movies and I could have just as easily chosen something not as fun or not as expensive or whatever. I think they got the hint and Nic even made me a Power Point Presentation to say how sorry he was and to share his plan to change and improve. We'll see how long that plan lasts.
Yesterday we got together with a couple of neighbors and headed to the Ft. Worth Zoo. It was 1/2 price Wednesday and the weather was gorgeous. We headed out a little before 9 and got in a little before 11. The place was packed! We certainly did not get to see the whole zoo, but what we did see was well worth it and it gave us enough of a glimpse that we know we need to go back for more. The animals were VERY animated and fun and did I mention it was in the 70's and sunny but not too hot. The trifecta of good weather, spring break and 1/2 price Wednesday actually produced record crowds at the zoo. The news report yesterday quoted a zoo source who said the 23,000 patrons enjoyed the zoo yesterday. That total "eclipsed" the previous record from Good Friday 2008 when 17,000 people enjoyed their day there. So I guess we were a part of history yesterday and didn't even realize it.
When we got home from the zoo we were pretty beat but we couldn't just put our feet up and relax. Shortly after we got home the urgent care clinic that I took Nic to on Saturday called to say that his strep test had turned positive. The reality was that he felt better yesterday than any day since Saturday and he turns up "sick." What's up with that? I ran to Target to get his antibiotics and then to Wal-mart to return a Redbox movie. I was feeling beat down a bit and tired so I allowed Pizza Hut to nourish my family last night. They did a good job.
Today we are staying close to home so I can clean and do laundry and make a plan of some sort for dinner.
Just an interesting photo by Will. It's fun to give the kids the camera and see what you get at the end of the day.
2 comments:
Love this post for all the variety of motherhood--including the fact that you so nonchalantly mentioned Nic making a Power Point! Sorry about the strep--maybe ignorance IS bliss!
The joys of spring vacation. Bet the animals were glad to be caged!
Post a Comment