Sunday, March 8, 2009

So it seems like life got a little hectic here...

It has been a full and fun weekend. Of course we lost an hour in the middle of the night but we made out OK.

Today we went to Mass at 6:00pm then had dinner at La Hacienda Ranch in Frisco. They advertise on the bulletin, I had free kids meal coupons and we had never been there. I thought mom and dad would like it. I think they did. The boys ate too many chips with salsa and got a little full before their meals came. Thank goodness their meals were free. Dad had a good looking salad. Mom had noisy fajitas. Fred ordered a steak and I tried chicken enchiladas. I don't think anyone went away hungry.

This afternoon Fred and I went to Kohl's for a few items then ran to the mall to see Taken. It was a good movie with some real surprises. I have never been a real Liam Neeson fan but he impressed me. I kept getting a little bothered though by the 4 year old sitting behind me. This movie is about kidnapping girls and selling them into sex trade. Not something I think a 4 year old girl or her 7 year old brother probably needed to be exposed to. I sure hope their parents enjoyed the movie.

Yesterday we had a late and YUMMY breakfast with pancakes and the works. This made us less hungry for lunch. We just saved up and had a delicious dinner at Dickey's. We had taken Dad there on his last visit but mom needed some BBQ so we took her to our favorite spot. Fred lived on Dickey's when he traveled down here from IA. We don't go very often but when we do my kids get full and yesterday I think they ate for free. I love a free kids meal! Too bad I'm over 12.

Friday afternoon my dad and Fred went to get my new wardrobe. It fits beautifully in the livingroom, now I just need Fred to build some shelves inside. I want to move all of my scrapbooks inside but right now it has two doors with lots of hanging room behind them. Not sure that it will get done soon but I know that Fred has the tools to take care of it, he just needs a little time.

Friday we also had the last performance of the DI skit during the Friday Live assembly at school. The kids did wonderfully, again I was beaming! The set got disassembled and sent to live in different places. Some found its way to our house, some down the street and the parts that were falling apart we placed right into the school's dumpster. Nic was quite the character on stage. He played to the audience like he never had before. It was a little over the top but he seemed so relaxed and not at all up-tight about performing in front of his peers. I was glad to see that he was so comfortable. I think that the feedback from those peers was pretty positive too so that had to feel good for him.

OK, tomorrow includes breakfast at Ikea for my dad. He got this travel mug for free coffee when he helped us move in last June. He forgot to bring it after the fire so he absolutely needed to bring it and USE it on this trip. I think we'll get the boys off to school then ready ourselves for breakfast on the cheap and FREE COFFEE! I'll try to get some pictures. It will certainly be memorable.

2 comments:

Andy Traub said...

whatever Sara cooks is worth getting excited about...it was a casserole.

Anonymous said...

First, someone took a 4 year old to see Taken?!?! I didn't even want to see it because I was afraid that I would be too freaked out over the concept.

How did the kids like the DI ribbons you made? Were you the hero of the day?

Miss you.