So I finally went to the Dr. yesterday to see what could be done about my aching thumb. I injured it almost a month ago when I fell on DI day. It had been swollen and painful but it kind came and went. Well, apparently I must have been complaining more that i thought because Fred insisted that I go to the Dr. Last week I had self medicated by buying a thumb brace at CVS. It seemed to help and it limits the usefulness of the thumb and hand so I figure not using my hand would help the thumb get better. The Dr. said I had the right idea but that I need to keep the brace on 23 hrs/day for the next 2-4 weeks and take an Aleve every morning and every night as well. Here's hoping that it will all work out in the end and that it doesn't get too hot in the meantime.

While at the Dr. I also talked to her about my migraines. I have seen an increase this year and had three in as many days just before my appt. She acknowledged that the barometric pressure could have a direct affect (or is it effect) on my migraines and the pollen count wasn't helping much either. She gave me some nose spray, upped my dosage of Imitrex and is hoping to get me off of my maintenance drug soon since it is not really doing much good. She may look to switch me to another drug but time will tell on that one.
So after school I ran and picked up my shiny fluffy dog from PetsMart and came home to sleep the latest migraine off. I woke in time to take the kids to Chick-Fil-A night and then came home with an extra kid. He entertained the boys and I got to visit with his mom a bit when she came to collect him.
We have found that living in TX does have its own set of challenges. The boys are digging the weather but think that everyday is a play day outside. I am still not completely comfortable with sending them outside and having them come home when the streetlights come on. The also are struggling with why they have to shower every night after this fun time outside. Well, they are turning in to stinky tweens and I refuse to be a parent to the "stinky kid." It's gonna be a LONG summer, heck a LONG period of adolescents I'd guess. In Iowa when we were home bound by the snow the dog didn't even want to go out of the house. Now even he likes to hang-out in his fenced in backyard.
OK, the grout stain guys are here and the landscapers aren't yet. I planned to stay home today so oversee these tradespeople while I work on insurance receipts. I figure if we are having fire related work done then I should do some fire related work too. We will be at our 1 year anniversary in just a few months and that is our cut-off for replacing things and getting reimbursed. I'll miss my Liberty Mutual Agent when this is all said and done... maybe not. No offense Holly!
1 comment:
Did they charge you twice since you asked about two different parts of your body?
Post a Comment