
We all survived the week no worse for the wear. Nic and his classmates hosted the 4th grade garage/bake sale this afternoon at the elementary school. The fourth graders go on an overnight trip to some nature preserve thing in about 2 weeks. The overnight costs something like $35/student. Each student is asked to pay $10 then donate at least $10 worth of stuff to sell at the garage sale. The PTO usually picks up the balance of money for each student. The kids made over $1000 in the two hour event today. Think LOTS of grubby handed kids passing around small change to buy someone else's junk. Nic cleared out about $2 worth of crap from his room and I donated a bunch of scrapbook stuff that I was purging. I planned to donate it to the scrap group or to the school but then I asked and someone thought it would sell well. Glad to say I donated and priced about $30+ of stuff and Nic said he sold it all. I am glad to have it gone and glad they made some $ for the cause.
After school the boys and I headed home to chill and catch up on vegging. The boys watched like 3 episodes of CSI in a row and I worked on laundry, chatted on the phone, checked out the new CTMH catalog and prepped dinner. Since I begged out of a good dinner last night I needed to make up for that tonight. Fred got home a little later than he planned, working on the house deal on the phone all the way home, so we ended up eating without him. He arrived, continued to work the phone and ate between important phone calls. This deal is turning out to be a bit of a challenge and our relo people in TX have some government restriction that is making it even more difficult. We will continue on as best we can...
OK, the boys, all three of them, are watching Episode 1 of Star Wars. I am ready to get into my jammies and crash! It will be a full weekend starting tomorrow AM. We need to make travel plans for TX next month, Fred needs new shoes. A couple of boys need haircuts and I need to do another round of cleaning. It will never end...
Gratitude
1. K was VERY tolerable at school today. Thank you GOD!
2. We have a showing scheduled for Sunday, our first in two weeks.
3. The new CTMH catalog has some cute new stuff in it!
4. I get to go close the blinds in my room and NOT set my alarm.
5. Both kids aced their spelling tests today. We studied hard this week so that is GREAT news!
No comments:
Post a Comment