Sunday, April 6, 2008

Great weekend so far...

Well, Friday was a good day and Saturday was a gorgeous day and Sunday is turning out cold but good all the same.





Saturday we got up and going at a reasonable time and headed to Ames. We wanted to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets at the cheap theater, get some lunch, haircuts for the boys and a few minor things from Target. We saw the movie first and we all really enjoyed it. Too bad it is not a true story but a neat look at history all the same. Nic is finishing up a presentation board and speech on Abe Lincoln and since the movie has a bit to do with the Lincoln assassination he was pumped. Will just got doing some president research so both boys were entertained. After the movie we wandered the mall looking for shoes for Fred and bought a pair at JCPenny. Not sure that we are keeping them but we have them and will take this week to decide.

After the mall we headed to lunch at Fazoli's then Nic and I went to Target and Fred and Will went to get Fred's haircut. I decided the boys could wait a couple more weeks before they were dire. I am hoping that getting them done closer to the First Communion date will make for good hair on the big day. Last bit of business was filling up with gas at Sam's. We hit the $50 mark filling my tank. That hurts!




Today we got up and going because we had a showing scheduled for noon. I vacuumed, wiped down bathrooms, put away some more clean laundry and dusted. The boys pitched in and we got it done with time to spare. It feels good to start off the week with a clean house. No complaints here. We took the opportunity when we had to leave for the showing to enjoy a family lunch at Culver's. I guess we haven't been there for Sunday lunch in a while. IT WAS CRAZY CROWDED! I was overwhelmed but with the help of my responsible kids we were able to snag a table and get our ordering done in a reasonable fashion. The boys are concerned that there will not be Culver's in Texas. I need to look that up!

OK Fred is on his way to TX for the week. I am here holding down the fort and keeping on the ready for anyone who might want to see the house. Our offer with the contingency is turning out to be a bit more of a challenge than we thought it would be. It seems that the Building Committee is not all in favor of the garage addition so now the proposal has to go to the association board next Sunday. In the meantime, we are unable to convince the relocation company to accept the offer. They say that their hands are tied by some federal law about being able to accept and offer only on a property that they can claim clear title too. With the contingency and timeline, they are not able to get clear title. I get that but it would have been nice to know before 5:30 on Friday evening. Now Fred is out lobbying the association board trying to assure the approval of the garage addition. I have two people that I need to work on this week while he is gone. I sure hope it is all worth it in the end.

OK, I think I am done for now, off to read or create, not sure which one. Maybe I should back-up or upload pictures. Oh the possibilities...

No comments: