Sunday, April 20, 2008

Blink... and there goes the weekend.

Yes, it is Sunday night already. Where did the weekend go? It was a good one but a busy one and a slightly stressful one. Thankfully the weather today is GORGEOUS so it is ending on a VERY high note.

Friday we were glad to have Nic back home with us. He was filthy and tired but had a good time. They kept to the schedule pretty well and were able to complete the activities despite the poor weather. We trashed an old pair of tennis shoes that were just beyond bothering with. I have his next pair already bought and in the closet so he will not be shoeless at school tomorrow.

I got straight to work on laundry when we got home on Friday and that was the beginning of BAD stuff. It seems that my washer of 9 1/2 years is getting tired. Fred's diagnosis is that the timer is shot. We can order a new one from a parts outlet in Canton, MI for $130. Cheaper than a new washer for sure. As much as I would like to get a new high efficiency washer now is not the time. We'll fix this one and try to get some more mileage out of it. It is an Amana so it is sturdy and should serve us for a bit longer.

Saturday I got up and headed out to scrapbook with the monthly group. I worked on Will's school album. My goal is to get them both caught up before we move. The good thing is that my photo ops have been very limited the last two years since I have been working. I missed both boy's field trips this year but did send cameras along with them. Sadly their photography skills and subject matter are a bit lacking. We may need to have a tutorial about those topics this summer. Although with fewer pics that makes the scrapping go more quickly. I got 14 pages in Will's album moved along. Some need titles, all need journaling but I am afraid I have forgotten some of the kids names from MI schools. I hope to work more on them in the next two weeks and put them aside until the end of the school year.

Once I got home I managed to talk everyone into getting dressed and moving beyond the couches. We headed to Ames and had dinner at Pancheros. The boys were not too thrilled, we need to work on their Tex Mex taste buds. When we finished dinner we ran to the mall to return some things, buy some things and have fun in a round of glow in the dark putt putt. The boys had been asking and it seemed the logical thing to do. We had fun. I won a free pass for another round in the final prize hole. And no one was a sore loser. All good!

Today I got some magazine piles gone through, Fred sorted through all of the boys' school work for the year, deciding what it made sense to keep for posterity sake, and I ran down to Ankney with my neighbor and her daughter. I had some returns to make to Kohl's and she needed to shop for some summer clothes. I found Fred some short sleeve button up shirts and a cute pair of Ked tennis shoes for me.

For dinner we had some tasty Foccacia Bread with Doritos Chicken and Rice. Everyone ate their fill and we will sleep well. I am trying to do another load of laundry tonight and it just agitated in the middle of the rinse cycle. UGH! So glad that I have a handy husband and won't spend hours sitting at home waiting for a repair man. Just wish I could run up the street and get that part tomorrow. It will come soon enough. In the meantime I will be patient and if I get desperate I can check out the new laundromat/fitness center in town. Yep, we have it all here!

No comments: