I can not believe that it is Thursday night. Don't get me wrong, I am glad it is Thursday night, that means tomorrow is FRIDAY, but where did the week go?
Right now I am home and very much at peace. I thought I would be a mess by now, but I am doing really well. Yeah me! Why am I so surprised???? Mostly because my oldest child is 2 hours away from me right now on his overnight 4th grade field trip to Springbrook State Park. This field trip is BIG for the 4th graders and has been taking place for like 30 years or something. They had fundraising and had to pay part of their way and they left this morning and will be home by regular end of school day tomorrow. Nic was actually a little excited that I was not going along. I guess he is ready to cut the apron strings...
The bad news about the trip is that it has been raining non-stop all day. You would expect that at a state park they would be taking advantage of the great outdoors. That was the plan. They had a very full agenda that included fire building and pond exploration among other things. My guess is that they might have heard about it more than they actually did it. He went pretty well prepared, extra shoes and socks, 2 ponchos that I bought for Disney two trips ago and never got into, and a towel to use after a warm shower. They were not really roughing it too much, dorms with bunk beds and all sheets provided made the packing so much easier. I just hope that they still have fun and that the "bully" got the message from the principal yesterday and stays away from my kid!
I had a minor panic attack on my way to work yesterday realizing that this bully could find his way to being alone with Nic in the woods and I would get this scary phone call informing me that Nic was missing in the woods after being chased by the bully, or worse. Well, I needed to act on my irrational fear so I called the principal. I expressed my frustration and concern and she reacted in just the way I had hoped. She was tired of it too and informed the teachers so that they could be aware and pulled the bully in to put the fear of God in him. I hope it worked. I hope he isn't causing trouble with Nic or anyone for that matter. I hope!
So tonight I only had one boy to kiss, but he is so kissable. Will got to pick our dinner for tonight and selected his all-time Iowa favorite, Hickory Park. We got there around 6:30 and it was packed. We usually go there on the weekend and I expect it to be packed. I was amazed at the crowd there on a Thursday night. I really think they should consider franchising. It is just that good. Aside from the less than stellar service, the experience was good as always. We ate our fill and again, left no room to partake in any of the many decadent ice-cream desserts. When will I learn?
After our tasty dinner we ran to Sam's for cheaper, yet still VERY expensive gas, for my E level gas tank. I also filled up on milk and bread for the next couple of weeks. It may not last weeks but it is a good start. Now we are home and I need to head to bed. It has been an exasperating week at work. S and K and lots of other kids seems to be suffering from spring fever. I guess in my own way I am too. I am so thrilled when I say that i have just 11 days left! 11 days. I really like the look and sound of that.
Lastly, the papers for the sale of the house are signed. We have sold our house to the relocation company and they will now sell it to our buyer. The inspection is next Tuesday. We are able to stay until the first week in June which is really super news. The boys can finish the year here and I will not feel the pressure of trying to put them in school down there for 1 week. We will surely meet people at the pool and park this summer. I am feeling really good about that. We have our mortgage pre-approval letter and are ready to shop! Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment