Good news is that I got to school early enough to get a croissant. It is a special treat, only available on Friday, and is so yummy. A warm croissant with cheese and eggs and bacon, ham or sausage. Can't go wrong in my opinion. YUM!
After my warm breakfast we headed to the nursing home to play UNO with our pals. That is something I will miss terribly when we move. They are a fun bunch and make me smile without fail. I think we make them smile too. It's a win-win even when I don't win.
After Uno S and I went to work and he did good stuff. Today was his payday which means it is also "cookie day". He would love for everyday to be cookie day but we try to stick to payday. We stop at Casey's and he gets his usual XXL Chocolate Chip cookie available only at the counter. He gets to spend his own money and I get a fresh fountain coke to help me through the rest of my day. I should have gotten a double today but who knew...
The afternoon went from ok to bad pretty quickly when S was not in the mood to follow directions and K was just plain out of control belligerent. I tried my best to stay firm and in control but I REALLY wanted to BLOW a gasket. I can laugh about it now but it was not funny in the least at that moment.
Well, The boys each had a friend come over after school. Four boys made for a loud ride home but they are all battling Pokemon on their Nintendo DS's and are pretty controlled for the time being. Fred has put a long day in at work and is not in the best mood. I am trying to help with some stuff for the LV HOA meeting on Sunday and had a chance to visit with our potential buyer a bit more. This process is turning out crazy and I just do not know... I am OPTIMISTIC that it will go well on Sunday but it seems that before Sunday people will be looking at it again.
To top off all of the political neighborhood fun the woman who wants to buy my home has caught the POX! She is being a super good sport about it but it is early and she may not be so kind once she gets REALLY itchy.

Well, time to move on and make some dinner plans. I just checked the freezer to find that I have 1 piece of chicken, no hamburger, and no steaks. Looks like we are having spaghetti for dinner. You hungry?
1 comment:
Susan, I love the picture of your chicken pox.
Totally understand where you are coming from about trying to stay firm and in control without blowing up. Some days that is very hard to do. I wonder what the kids would do if they saw us blow up? I know some of the teachers and aides do it all of the time and the kids just laugh at them, but what if someone who is in control blew up. Would they take that one a little more seriously?
Post a Comment