Thursday, October 9, 2008

Been a good couple of days!

Yesterday started off well and before I even ate lunch I headed to school to accompany Will's class on their first field trip of the year. We went to the Frisco History Museum. Our group ate first and had to kill an hour. Do you know how long it takes a 3rd grader to eat their lunch sitting on the ground in unfamiliar territory. Not an hour! Once they were done we wandered around some outside building that we could only peak in the windows of. That took about 10 minutes and there was still time left. I pulled out an old faithful and taught the 4 kids in my group how to play TV tag. I think that I didn't share the rules right but it worked for a few minutes. Once it was all said and done and they had a chance to think about it this was a real question from someone under the age of nine. "So was it hard for you to think of a TV show when you played since there were not many shows? I mean TV had just been invented right?" That particular kid may not see 9.

Once we got into the museum, Richard, our tour guide did a great job with our group. He was a wealth of information as any tour guide should be, and explained it all very well to the third grade crowd. We finally wrapped up and headed back to school. I just hung out until it was time to head home.

After school we had a Destination Imagination Meeting for Nic and then Will wanted to go to a special event called Frisco Reads. The DI meeting went much more quickly than I thought it would so the Frisco Reads event was easily squeezed in. We made a stop at the Barnes and Noble book fair and then each boy had a book signed by the author. Once we had the autographs we headed down to the book walk, think cake walk without the sugar, a BOOK instead and then wandered in to see The Singing Cowboy. He was really funny and we helped him sing a song about Pico de Gao. Good times, good times!

Once that was done we snuck out before the talking part commenced and called in a dinner order to Hungry Howies. YUMMO! The rest of the evening went really smoothly until it was 9:07 and I had totally lost track of time and the boys weren't in bed yet. Thursday is our early rise day so a late to bed night on Wednesday is not a good thing. It was evident this morning that I had slipped. Better luck next time.

Today started a little slow but the boys finally got into gear. Nic had safety patrol and Will had Library Lions so they both had some motivation to get out the door. I had MOMS this morning and needed to take a snack so I whipped up some pumpkin muffins and got myself ready once I got them settled at school. MOMS group went really well, since I did find my book very late in the evening and was able to get my homework done. We had a good discussion and got done right on time.




After MOMS I ran to the USPS and treated myself to Subway for lunch. I totally forgot that it was Chick-fil-a fundraiser for dinner. I kept busy for a bit at home then went to school to volunteer for the boys' teachers. I spent about an hour there then we were headed home for a bit before the Chick-fil-a fun. We ran back out for dinner, made a quick stop at Target then back home for the rest of the night.




I should be prepping for the crop this weekend but I am just not sure what to work on. I have pictures to sort and ideas to sort and paper to use but I need a little more motivation. Maybe tomorrow. Not that I don't have three other things on the calender. It will happen or I'll just grab a couple of boxes of pictures and start out slow.

BIG ELECTION RESULTS TOMORROW! Check back to see if I will be living with two politicians.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

Whew! You make me tired just reading what you did! lol... I remember those days......