Monday, October 13, 2008

Glad we made it through this day!

It didn't start out all that bad. I slept in a bit after Fred left this morning rather early. No school for the boys and our first commitment of parent teacher conferences wasn't till 11:00 AM. We got ready in plenty of time and headed to school. Will's teacher was very complimentary of him and he seems to be doing really well in all subjects. When he does make mistakes they are common and easily corrected.


Nic led his conference and had some good things to share about each subject. Basically he needs to work to earn his A's and that is not a bad thing. He needs to slow down a bit to keep himself from making silly errors and he most definitely needs to improve upon his penmanship and overall neatness.


After the conferences we went to Peter Piper's Pizza and had lunch then we went home for just a few minutes before we were off once again for a Destination Imagination Team meeting. The meeting ended up being about an hour instead of two so that made for a nice surprise. We got to go home for a few hours before our next commitment.


Well, the hours at home turned a little dramatic when Will was really struggling with his latest bout of constipation. Poor kid has been suffering with this for 5 years. I immediately called our new family practice office and they go us in an hour later! YEAH for late office hours on Monday! By the time we got there Will had gotten some relief but we will be pursuing this with a gastro doc as soon as I can get an appointment. We had gotten close to this in MI and again in IA and now we will be following through here in TX. He is such a different child when is comfortable. I love that kid. The other stinker is just not as fun or happy. It is harder to love that kid but I still do.


We got done at the Dr. then had time to grab Chick-fil-a for dinner as a reward to the three of us for getting our flu shots. Will was sure it was going to be awful but shed not a tear. THANK GOD! Last year the nurse was down right rude about the drama. This year the nurse had nothing to be rude about. YEAH!


After dinner we went to religious ed. or faith formation, or CCD whatever it is called these days at this parish. I sat outside and wrote some notes and waited. The quiet was nice and the sitting still.


Off to take out the trash and kiss and tuck. I think I'll spend tomorrow unpacking from the crop this weekend and cleaning toilets, tubs and showers. Nothing better on my calender so it is what it is. Happy Monday!

No comments: