Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm sick

I am fighting my annual change of season cold. It hit me Friday evening. I took the requisite NyQuil and went to bed before anyone else. Saturday started really slowly and any plans that I thought I'd made got thrown out the window. I did go out and run an errand to get stuff for the Halloween Block party at the crispy house. I made two batches of Pay Day and neither turned out and I made Puppy Chow but none of it got eaten. I guess the well iced cup cakes had more appeal. No big...





The boys had lots of fun and we got home before 10. We were the only ones who had to drive home, next year I will crawl to my bed. I tried to get some pics so I could reveal the costume choices but my batteries were dead. Bummer. Guess you just have to wait till Friday!





We got home in time for the boys to shower up and get to bed then I did the same. Sunday started early but I was still draggin. I took a mid-morning nap them realized that I could no longer avoid what needed to be done so I broke out the laundry baskets and the insurance receipts and got busy. I stopped long enough to make some dinner and put laundry away then got back to business. I didn't even get to watch my shows. I will do that today after lunch.





Fred found some errors in our reimbursements to date that add up to about $200. I have another batch of receipts to submit that will only add to what they owe me. We are hopefully going to get a look at our bedroom furniture this weekend to see if we can swap out the rental stuff. I also need a plan for Nic's birthday. Yikes, that's a week away!





The week ahead is pretty mellow. We are hosting a special guest for dinner tomorrow night. Not that I am cooking, we are going out to celebrate Nic's b-day. I will take pictures I promise. There is no DI meeting this week and it is the last week of MOMS on Thursday. I am hoping to get past this cold, my little nose is so red. I have about 100 potential projects on my list and I think I need to come up with some paint colors for my house in the next week or two. Let real life continue. Oh yes, and I need to buy some more Kleenex!

2 comments:

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

Hi from NC. Super sympanthies to your lil red nose! I've been keeping up with reading-what a busy woman! I know you know how much I admire, smile, empathize and oh yeah envy your oh so full life with those two young boys (and oh yeah, occasionally Fred!) SOOOO excited to have Sam & Jay here for baseball, visits to gannykate's, Jim & Carla too of course! Xuper excited for Bob & Eva, Jon, Sue & Sean (he's brining his handcapped parking ticket, casted from waist-toes and I STILL don't know which leg) plus locals Hoosiers & Marijo & Marg/Jack to add fun Krider flavor. Always wish for MORE--your mom & I are so greedy about these family gatherings! Eager for your Halloween pix--we should have a few :-) from the fun here.

mbnjmntrb said...

that Wall-E tissue cover is pretty amazing given that that was the last pixar movie that made me cry! lovin' the new layout! blog on!