Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday is a good day...

And so were Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday started off a bit slow but I eventually made it to the mall in search of the Halloween costume articles. I walked the ENTIRE mall and finally found what I needed at a price I was willing to pay. All good. I went and got the boys after a quick run to the Container Store for some stocking stuffers. They sent me a teasing e-mail and I bit! Fun stuff at that store and really not too expensive for the items I picked up. Yes, I could have dropped thousands on organizing stuff but I think I did well for my little bag of goodies:)

By the time I got to school the temperature had dropped to about 60 and it was raining. UGH! Never fun to do pick-up in the rain. We got home, did homework, tried on the mall purchases then headed back out to participate in a fundraiser for the middle school that Nic will attend next year. A neighbor had told me about it and I am always willing to support a good cause if it gets me out of cooking. We had a nice dinner at Willies Burger House and got to see our neighbors from the hood and that was a real treat.

We made it home with little time to spare before bed. We had an early call at school on Thursday. Will's position in Student Council means, among other things, that they help advertise for big school events. Next week is RED RIBBON WEEK and there were posters that needed to be made. We got to school by 7:20. Student council kid did his thing and safety patrol guy did his gig and I went home. I had to get ready for MOMS group, errand running and volunteer time at school. I needed to get "certified" to run the copier. MOMS was good, we got nice comments from our fellow moms then a new friend of mine invited me to join her for lunch. I threw my errand running out the window and had a nice filling lunch at Olive Garden. Thanks Erynn!

After lunch I zipped through the car wash and library then on to school for the big copy machine orientation. I was the star pupil in my class of one. I was actually the guinea pig, the first trainee so he had nothing to compare me with. I have actually been copying for a few weeks at school so I thought I knew what I was doing. There were a few tricks I picked up and I even earned a certificate. I don't think I am eligible for CEU's but I am in the know all the same.

I worked really hard for a couple of hours, killed at least one tree while copying, and then came home to keep on keeping on. We were going to have homemade pizza for dinner but opted for leftover walking tacos instead. After the boys ate I ran to Target to get some batteries and ended up picking up some Christmas gifts for the boys. I came home and finished laundry that I had started earlier and once I got the boys to bed took some time and read through the Destination Imagination information for Nic's team. I am sure I will write more about that as the team develops and creates over the next four months.

OK, my boys would like to compute on my machine so I am going to prep for Fred's arrival. I am planning on working on insurance stuff throughout the weekend and maybe going to see HSM3. I think we should wait till next weekend but we'll see. We also have a block party at the crispy house tomorrow and that should be a great time. I may even reveal the boys' costumes.... Check back!

No comments: