#1 Happy 21st birthday to my cousin Sarah! She is such an awesome person, very generous and loving and hard working! Hope you had fun tonight and that Jen bought you that yummy green drink!
#2 Posted above you will see my new bedding. Fred and I needed a new comforter, the old one was showing its age etc. It survived the toddler years but it was ready for retirement. I should have taken a before and after. The after is so much better! I also threw in a photo of the bathroom that just got a fresh coat of paint. It is a little brighter than I would like but there is no changing it now. It will work. I know that I need to iron the shower curtain but that will get done later this week I hope. I have sewing project that needs some ironing so that will hopefully get done soon.
#3 This should probably be #1 but this is where it landed in my rambling so here it sits. I was reading in my Woman's Day today about Fortune. There was a great quote that caught my eye, "One of the sanest, surest and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others." Robert A. Heinlein This quote struck me because I have been bubbling over the good fortune of my pal Kirste. Kirste's mom's good fortune really. Martie has been battling Kidney disease of some kind for a while now. She has been on the transplant list and lots of friends and family have gotten tested to see if they are a good match. Well, late last month she got the call she had been waiting for and last week, just 4 days after her son's wedding, she had her transplant. Her own amazing generous brother was a match and since he came to town for the wedding he decided to leave a BIG gift in Ohio by way of the University of Michigan transplant program. I am so happy for Martie and her brother. I am thrilled for Kirste of course, this is such a gift, getting your mom back to the mom you knew and loved, the one who didn't require dialysis three times a week for 3-4 hours a shot. I pray for her recovery and Chris' as well.
#4 It is Monday and I have no idea what's for dinner. Since it is already 5:30 I think spaghetti sounds like a great option.
3 comments:
Are you saying that my birthday is important? JK Love you lots!
BEDDING! Well I wanted to comment on Sarah's birthday but instead got to looking at your new bedding.....it is NOT what I thought you were getting! You need a couple of contrasting pillows....layers my dear, layers. And we need to find a nice piece of soothing art for over the bed. See anything at my house you'd like? We can negotiate something ;-)
PS love the paint color though
OF COURSE YOUR BIRTHDAY is IMPORTANT SARAH! Even if you weren't 21 it would be important. I think we realize what each of our children and our nieces and nephews bring to our lives and I wouldn't have it any other way. Family is, well family IS the basis for who we are. Each person contributes....even the experiences that some have that others never get to have add to the big picture. I doubt that any of us will be traveling to the bottom of the ocean or into space but we KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS and that adds to who we are. I'm not leaving....life in this family is just too much excitement!
MOM
PS...maybe I should start my own blog so people don't have to read all of this.
Post a Comment