Friday, July 13, 2007

Starting today...


I am officially superstitious! It seemed like any other day. I woke up around 7 to let the mutt out. I putz, checked e-mail and headed back to bed. I awoke again at 9:51! Yikes, neither boy was up and about and we had swim lessons at 11:00. We got it all together but not without excitement!


Will could not find his sandals. "You left them in the car." I said. He headed out, I followed to help him look and to put the towels in the car, Nic followed for no reason whatsoever. He then proceeded to close the door behind him. My boys never close that door without being yelled at. Why today? Probably because the door was locked, as it rarely is when Fred travels, and we were meant to spend some time today freaking out about being locked out of the house. REMAIN CALM! GO check the back door, it is never locked until the end of the day. Nope, the handle was securely locked! NOW PANIC! Fred is out of town, I have no keys in my pocket and the dog is inside. Wait! Think! Before we left for vacation last week I was for some reason compelled to place a key under a planter in case the neighbors needed in. I never even told them it was there, but who cares.... IT WAS STILL THERE! We were back in the house in time to turn around and leave for lessons.


Jump ahead 1 hour. We are home and showering, the boys taking care of themselves for the most part, that is until I hear a horrific crash, and rush to the bathroom to find naked Nic lying outside the bathtub soaking wet. He had fallen OUT OF THE SHOWER! How does one fall out of the shower? He recovered quickly and we ate lunch and ran away from our house quickly!


Off to Ames and Ankney. Needed to go to Target, Kohl's, Michael's and maybe the scrapbook store. Did all of the above and headed north out of Ankney on a road that I knew would get me north then I could jog east and hit 35 or 65 or better even 330 and head home. Right! Like it could be that easy. Well, I guess I jogged a little off course, ended up with only gravel roads to choose from then all of the gravel road heading north seemed to be closed ahead. I managed to find us on a map and knew that I was still in Iowa and that I was between point A and point B. I felt better and decided to call my sista for moral support as I worked my way out of nowhere. Finally I found a road I recognized and an hour later we made it home.


I am now going to put on my PJ's, wait for Fred to get home and probably order Bailey's for dinner. That should be safe huh? One can only hope! If I survive the night I'll check in again this weekend.


No comments: