Thursday, July 19, 2007

We had plans...


Yes, we had plans for today. BIG plans. We were going to trek over to Coralville, IA to spend a few hours at the Iowa Children's Museum. We went there last summer and had tons of fun. This museum is actually like an anchor store to a really nice mall. They have a Super Target and The Children's Place among their many stores and an indoor ice skating rink! Across the street/highway is a big Kohl's and a Steak 'n Shake. Add to all of that the Reminisce scrapbook store a few blocks away and you could see what an outing this was to be! We didn't go...


Nic injured himself last week trying to do the splits in the pool during swim lessons. Well, either he never got better or maybe he re-injured himself. He is not a good person when it comes to pain and every step he takes is just too painful to bear. I am sure that a pulled groin muscle can be painful but please... Get on with life. No, not here, life must stop. I took him to the Dr. today to rule out anything more serious. She gave us instructions very similar to those offered by the in-family Athletic Trainer extraordinaire Jennifer, and we are on the mend. Hopefully by next week we'll be road trippin' to Coralville.


So we are hanging low here at home. We hit the library after the Dr. and I got a couple of movies to fill my time. Not that there aren't twenty other things on my TO DO list but I think I'll squeeze, watch "Prairie Home Companion" up to the top of said list. I am a bit pooped today due to poor sleep last night. Between "scared of storms," "can't get comfortable to sleep with such pain," and then some MAJOR storms once we got the kids to sleep I am beat. I recall laying in bed and praying last night at 12:45AM. Thank you God for the gift of rain, we needed it, but go away. You are scarring me, it is too loud. I was a poor hostess to the blessing of rain. My grass looks so happy and green today but I was not so happy 12 hours ago. I must have fallen back to sleep at some point but then I had the whole, "Have to get up and be ready to call the Dr. at 8:00 on the button or fear not getting in today" thought. Obviously we made it in. It is all good. Thank you God for the rain and for mid-day naps and free movies from the library.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hi, I got your comments about my Disney Tin best of show thanks. Came over to check out your blog. I was reading the comments and need to know what you mean by in house athletic trainer? I used to be an athletic trainer and DH still is. I gave it up to have children. I am in Clinton, on the edge of the state. You mentioned Coralville and I am about 1 1/2 hours east of there. Sorry you didn't get to go to the children's museum. That is a fun place. My family likes to get to the mall in Coralville at least once a year. You will need to give me more info about the scrapbooking store that you mentioned near the mall. I love to find new scrapbooking stores. Thanks for checking out my blog. Maybe we can get to be email buddies or something.