So this mom goes to Ames in the middle of the night for a book! Yes, Nic and I headed out at about 10:15 PM to go get in line for our Harry Potter Book. We got to Borders before 11 and got a wrist band. I had called two weeks ago to reserve the book but we were not on the list. That earned us a green wristband marked with the number 88. Is that good or bad? Well, once the selling started at midnight I figured out that there were three other colors of bands ahead of us and 150 in each group. That made us luck customer 538! Whoo hooo! We were back on the road by 1:30, tucked into bed at 2:00 and likely asleep by 2:15 (no medication required).
Since this was the last book I figured why not? Nic was excited but quickly grew to realize, at about 1:00 AM that we should have brought Uno cards or something to make our own fun. We took these silly pictures at about that time. He did read all the way home but hasn't picked it back up again this AM. I am sure he will soon when I kick him off the computer.
I am off to Ames to do a little shopping with a gal pal. She is new to scrapbooking so I am going to corrupt her! Hey, it's her money, I am just going to suggest some ways to spend it at Hobby Lobby.
Happy Saturday!
1 comment:
Mothers and fathers are SUPPOSED to stay up late and do fun things with their kids. Did I ever???? Well Harry Potter wasn't around but we did have StarWARS, GI Joe, STICKERS and Barbie...what were we missing.
Post a Comment