How did I spend that much? I went to Target, enough said! Will actually told the clerk at the check out that I have a goal of spending $100 on my Target visits. This is not a goal, this is somehow MY reality. It just happens. Well yesterday it started out innocent enough. I needed some fall/winter socks for work, Will needed a Thesaurus and both boys wanted Cyclone or Hawkeye shirts for school on Friday. The BIG match up is Saturday. We don't really have a vested interest in the outcome but they were kinda forced to select an allegiance last fall so we wanted to be prepared this year.
Well, sock are not a cheap as they should be, the dollar spot had some more cute scrap stuff, Cyclone jerseyish shirts were $20 a pop. Will also needed new tennis shoes, $17 and Nic wanted some slippers $7. We needed some Halloween candy, I bought a cute Halloween home decor thing, school supplies were 50% off yada yada yada. $160 later we were out the door.
Thankfully today was cheap. I bought some starlight mints for a lady at the nursing home who will pay me back tomorrow when we go over to play Uno Attack. Simple enough.
The weather has turned here and I am so thankful. I am a warm and Autumn is my season. I love the changing leaves, fall sweaters, and our fireplace, just for the effect. We have not lit it yet but soon. Maybe after our date night on Saturday. I can not wait. We are going to this Italian place in Des Moines for a real adult dinner. This other aide at work recommended it. She is a newlywed so I figure she knows romance. Ah, to be young and in love... Remember when?
2 comments:
Not trying to brag, but I just came home from Target, where I spent a whopping $14! A BRAND new cooler/food/bottle holder thingie for Natalie and Landry as well as $2 peanut butter M&Ms for ME! I walked in with Landry and decided NOT to get a cart. If I couldn't hold it in my free hand, I couldn't buy it. Maybe you should try that next time you go in--just pick up a boy and call it a day!
Enjoy the fallness. We're getting it here tonight and tomorrow. Homecoming football against Shelbyville and Purdue vs. Central Michigan tomorrow. Shannen's mom and dad are coming into town for his/Sister's birthdays.... Oh for a VACATION!
Take care. Have a great weekend and a SUPER DATE.
I LOVE my sister/your mom for reconnecting me to your blog Susan. LOVED Sara/Andy's as well. The reason to comment on this photo? Next to Stale Peeps--candy corn!!!! I also loved the Target story--my Kroger rule--when there were three hungry teenagersNEVER take a SECOND cart..How did we ever afford all those Pepsi's and Pabst AND cigarettes. Yikes! We were so poor and yet so rich :-) Your blog, Susan, was/is a wonderful trigger of memories--all good! Thanks.
Post a Comment