Saturday, September 22, 2007

Oops, it's been a few days...


We have been busy this week but not THAT busy... Wednesday we had our first night of Relig. Education. The boys did well but I felt some Catholic guilt. They are short a teacher for the 7 & 8th graders and the Juniors and Seniors. I hesitate to volunteer because I spend all day with hormonal adolescents. Do I really want to spend my evening with them too? I need that hour of solace each week. Especially when Fred is traveling. I wish I could but I just can't.


Thursday was pretty mellow... As I recall... Can't remember too much about it. I think we studied for spelling test and had ham for dinner. That is about it. Friday was much more CRAZY. I recall when the answering the phone and announcing, "Hello, Grand Central Station." The boys had friends over, I had one of the boy's mom's over, and the neighbor stopped by to give me some mail. Then, we realized that the boys were running around the house and they were exiting by way of the basement window! The party was quickly canceled and I was ready to move on with the evening.


I quick made Tacos for dinner, ran to the basement to throw some stuff together for Scrap Club night. Fred got home around 6:45 and I ran out the door to SCRAP! I got 10 pages mostly done and a few more started. I need to do some journaling on a few pages but I feel pretty good about what I accomplished. I made it home by 10:00, ate a PB&J sandwich and crashed soon there after.


We did some errand running today in DesMoines. I attempted to make copies of a scrapbook I made commemorating a girl trip to Chicago in February. We were celebrating the birthday of my pal Kirste with a grande surprise adventure to the windy city. I spent a few nights on this projects and am thrilled to get to share it with my friends. Sadly the copies turned out like CRAP and I will be sending the original pages to Kirste and we will have to share custody of the memories. Sorry Cheryl, I tried. If you two are able to make better copies more power to you!
Now I must go get my kiddos to bed. They were lacking in sleep last night and need to make a bit of time tonight. As, always... stay tuned!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Don't feel guilty about not helping at religious ed. I also have choosen to not help with my daughters Awana classes on Wednesday Night. I so need that time for just me. By the time my DH and older daughter leave for confirmation I only get about 45 minutes, but it is heaven and I look forward to that me time everyweek. We need that break