
I so knew that and counted on that and LOVE that today is Saturday. I went to bed at 9:00PM last night with joy in my heart that today would be Saturday. I was WIPED OUT for some reason and since Fred was home to put the boys to bed I snuck away to our room, read for a few and snoozed. The boys came in to give me kisses, usually it is me giving kisses in their room. It was quite sweet. I don't think I slept all that well, I remember seeing the clock at 12:29 and 3: something. But when I awoke at 8:15 ish I felt ready to get up. Guess I was wrong because by 11:45 I was asleep again, this time on the couch in the living room, in a sun spot. Nic covered me with my favorite cat blanket and I slept until about 1:30. I can not recall the last time I slept so much in a 24 hour period. I guess my body needs more sleep than it has been getting, or the stress of this week was just finally catching up with me. I do think I am at the tail end of a cold so that could certainly be part of it.
Once I showered and started my day again close to 2:00. I enjoyed a PB and Bacon sandwich and Nic had one too. His first time, he liked the bacon better than the combination. Oh well, his loss. Then I got busy and headed outside to weed. I am so not an outdoor person and could probably survive well in a house with very little landscaping. This house came with landscaping and I must do a better job of maintaining it. I thought it needed some TLC and I was right. I have a bunch of easy to care for Hostas here but some other random things are oddly placed. The rock covering keeps weeds manageable but they still need tended to. I did my best and filled one compost bag with clippings and weeds. I had a big wresting match with a hearty vine that was trying to climb up my house and I am afraid that there was a casualty. I bend a set of clippers as I used them to pry out the roots of this vine. The clippers are in the trash and the roots are still in the earth. UGH! I'll try again tomorrow with stronger implements!
After the big match-up I needed another shower. When I got out Will had received a call from a friend wanting him to come over. I threw on some clothes and ran Will over to his friend N's house. I visited with his mom for a few then headed home to make a selection for dinner. With little input from the other men of the house I opted for hamburgers on the grill and french fries. Pretty exciting I know. Well, I burnt the burgers but the fries were perfect. Fred managed to salvage the burgers and we all ate our fill.
This evening has been mellow. I got through a REAL SIMPLE magazine the size of a small encyclopedia. Not real simple for me! The boys watched a new show in Nick and Fred played games on the computer. Let's hope we can all be more productive tomorrow.
P.S. Those are not my toes in the picture above. As with many of my pictures I pulled this off flicker. Seems that you can find pictures of almost anything on that site. Sure saves me the trouble.
1 comment:
I read this every day....almost like talking to you on the phone only more detail. Thanks for sharing your live (and your sleep) with your mama.
Post a Comment