
Nic has been bugging me for many days to break out the Easy Bake Oven. I bought him the oven a few Christmases ago and never really was proud of that. I never had an EB when I was young, loved to break it out at Maggie Geoffrion's house though. So I figures, who cares if it is pink and purple and considered a "girly" toy, buy one and have some fun...
Not so much. The thing take FOREVER to make a 2 inch cake. If you wanted to layer that would take 2X's FOREVER. That is a LONG time. Well, it all came back to me today, I promised we could break it out after homework was complete. I started a little earlier than that to warm up the heating element/light bulb. The house smells of burnt cake from previous baking experiences and I have done ALL the work. One more cake and I am shutting down this sucker and taking my kids out to dinner. All this baking has made me NOT want to cook. I think it might be time to pass this oven along to niece Natalie.. Jen, you interested? I can bring it next month!!!
2 comments:
I had an EB and never had one again... My 100 watt light bulb did somthing and made my cake bubble over and almost start a fire... my sent it back and that was the end of my EB days with Carlee Page but she still had one untill she didnt clean up one day and then he mom got mad too so i cant win! Grace needs on the is what she is getting for her birthday this from me thanks for the thought. I dont remeber it taking forever but grace wont care she will sit and watch it! I love that child well on christmas gift down only 99 more to go! See you next month
Uh, no thanks, after that rousing story of badness....
Post a Comment