But, alas there is not. As soon as Fred can reinstall my card reader drivers I will download a photo of a HOT crew at the Inaugural Marian College football game. GO KNIGHTS!
Dad came over this weekend and Andy came down from SD. We had a fun time in Oskaloosa, IA watching the William Penn Statesmen beat the Maran Knights 30-15. No, that was not a typo in the last sentence. In a budget cutting effort the Athletic Director at Maran has decided to shorten the name to 5 letters to save on printing costs. He did this big shout out cheer in the 4th quarter and missed a letter. It was a nice distraction from the fact that we were losing and getting negative help from the local officials. The Knights actually looked pretty good for a new team. Not that I am the best one to comment on this but I must. Jerry doesn't have a blog... yet!
After the game we drove home and all the men type disappeared. I made a yummy dinner and they all suddenly showed up again to eat it. Andy did make and clean up breakfast so I can not complain. Dad brought a very tasty birthday cake for all of us since we are near no family on these most important days. It was a sweet treat. The evening closed with a late showing of Night at the Museum on the big screen. I love that movie!
Dad also brought a bunch of surprises from Denise for the boys. They are ready to camp thanks to her. I can just imagine the fun we will have in our brand new pop up tents for two. Two tents for two, I think we are covered. Now we just need to get enough sleeping bags! Maybe Santa will get those for us.
Dad and I went to church this AM in Neveda then came home and loaded up his car with lots of fun stuff for the cousins in Indy. Three boxes of wooden block, a box of cardboard brick blocks, boy toys, and books! And two bags of clothes. All that and my basement is still not empty. Figure that!
Well we just had a fun time at the neighbors' ice cream social. I was a louse and didn't take a dish to share but there was still plenty of food. The boys had a great time and HAD to come home and head directly to the shower. Both at clean now and will head to bed soon. I want to make some cards so I will probably try to stay up a bit later. We'll see how long I last. Check back for picture tomorrow!
1 comment:
Your description was ALMOST like being there! I look forward to the picture...and unloading the car of blocks, books and bags!
Good thing I didn't come, Tango began her labor at 11:30 (just when I was getting ready to go to bed) and kept me up till 5:30AM on Labor DAY. But it was worth the late hours as she presented us with 6 English Cocker Puppies. Pictures later...just like yours. Hey Uncle Pete....more fun when you come visit!
Granny
Post a Comment