Will joined me in bed last night at 1:00AM. He was complaining about "excruciating" pain in his ear. I gave him some Motrin but it takes time for that stuff to kick in. He fussed for easily 45 mins then we both slept poorly for the rest of the night. He went to the school nurse today and she described his ear as fire engine red. No wonder... I had made an appointment for after school with the Dr. He agreed with the diagnosis and called in some prescriptions for antibiotics and numbing ear drops. He has not complained of pain or discomfort since last night so hopefully he'll sleep better tonight!
Since we were in M-town we got the prescriptions filled and took ourselves to DQ for dinner. A Dilly Bar fixes all that ails you right? It worked for the three of us!
I had the pleasure of submitting to my "pre-employment: drug test today. I guess they do not stand on ceremony about the "pre" part since I was just notified of the need for the test today. I thought I should go ahead and get it over with right away. Speaking of employment, my new gig as job supervisor and chauffeur is going pretty well. S is loving his job most days, more than I can say for myself :( He is working hard and comments almost daily about how he loves his job. Don't we all wish we could say the same? I am trying a new attitude about my job, seeing it as an opportunity to serve rather than as a "job." My psyche is accepting that slowly but surely. Time will tell.
OK off to serve my family by doing some laundry and taking pics of the Chicago scrap pages so I can get that in the mail. It must get done!
No comments:
Post a Comment