Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I tried...


Today was the Blood Drive at St. Joseph's. I had steak for dinner at Saturday in preparation for my first donation attempt since May. I was turned away at the school sponsored blood drive for being too hot. Turns out two days later I was down with some bug, I am glad they didn't take my blood and share that with the world. Today I got turned away again but this time it was my iron. They want some number to be 38 and I was a 37. So close...yet so far. Well, they boys each got a bar, and charmed the volunteers and I dropped off my pumpkin bars so it wasn't a total loss. I was bummed though. It is just not as convenient to donate now that I live in the sticks and am working. I should carve out the time but I don't. I will try harder, about 28 days from now, when I am eligible to try again.


So far so good this week. No one has forgotten homework or overslept, or left their lunchbox in the car. We are maybe getting into this school schedule again. Finally! We will all be smiling for school pics tomorrow. Nic and I compromised on a shirt choice and Will picked his out over the summer. Both boys are clean and I just need to trim my bangs, no mom I don't want your help!


The boys need to get to bed and I need to get to straightening the house up a bit. We have been bombarded by catalogs and magazines this week. I need to cull through them and get some ideas for Christmas. Please send your wish lists directly to my inbox.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man you and me could make one mad donation. I always get turned down for my Iron too.. Maybe ill go give tomarrow.... I want money for xmas to pay off my bills, oops this isnt your in box lol sorry!:)

Jen said...

I didn't make the iron level either, last time I went, but then they "spun" my sample and I made it... Thank goodness for the people who got my blood.

I already got my school pictures back!!!

By the way, it's MSU....
LOVE YA.
Jen