Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The saga continues...

Well, the chauffeur license saga continues. I passed my test last week and was told that as soon as it becomes available I will be required to take 15 hours of classroom training on being a bus driver even though I am not a "bus" driver. Then they told me I needed a DOT physical. I had a physical last October, not due for another one until this October, insurance won't pay for one until then either. Not good enough. Need this physical before I can drive. Oops, I drove today. Don't tell. The next appointment is tomorrow AM for my physical. Just what I needed a weigh in and a blood pressure check when life is just so lovely! NOT! School will only reimburse $95 dollars so I will attempt to cut a deal and move through quickly enough.

I had asked about getting a raise while I am with S at the workshop. I have gone through all these hoops to drive him and get this license. I am practically a bus driver, I have a "route"! But, no I am not entitled to more pay. That would set precedence. I would be glad to set that precedence. It is not about the extra $2 an hour. It is about getting paid for the job I do, not the job I was hired to do. That is long gone out the window, shoot, it was never even close to the window, it broke the window. I am so mad at myself that I cried while I was talking to the superintendent. I hate to be the emotional person that I am. It bought me no points, just Kleenex and a splotchy face. It was a joke. He said he was more worried about my health, I mentioned my migraine increase in the last year, and he got a little stuck on that. The fact is they are really very well under control thanks to medication. I am thankful for that. What would I do if I didn't work. Probably find another job. It is way to boring around here to not work.

I like my job, it is just not the job I signed up for. Who knew... No one, we do now though. S needs this assignment at the workshop. It is going to be the right thing for his future. His IEP says he needs this job. If I quit he quits. Not good, not good at all. Super. says we are stretched thin on bodies and vehicles, this adds to that stress, maybe it shouldn't have been done. What is the point of an IEP if it is not being utilized. Is having S study science going to help him in the future -NO- but doing his job at the workshop will. I will stick it out for him. He makes me smile enough to want to stay. Raise or not. I just need to come to some peace about this and be happier. I will pray on this for sure.

No comments: