Thursday, November 8, 2007

Another day, no school.

Nic seemed to be on the mend last night but the poops returned today. He feels so well otherwise, it is hard to keep him home. I did take Will to school this AM and turned in his work from yesterday and picked up all the work from today. I walked out of school wishing I had a strong backpack. He had a little of this and little of that but all the assignments required the accompanying text book. I am glad I got this all this morning. He has taken care of a few of the items already.

I am almost done with all the laundry minus what Fred brings home tomorrow and dumps into the otherwise empty basket. It just never stops does it? Well, job security for the laundry soap people and ME!

Today is my friend/mentor Jan's birthday. She really was not looking forward to this event so we played it down a bit at work. Jan is AMAZING and I have learned so much from her. She is a committed aide who just gives and gives and gives. She used to work in a school just for kids with disabilities. I work with some of her students at the workshop with S and they all remember her fondly. They love her still, after all those years. To celebrate her un-birthday I made pie instead of cake. There were no candles, just whipped cream. After I dropped off Will I ran all of my goodies to the high school. I bought her very practical gifts, Kleenex, playing cards, red pens and Crystal Light Singles. All things that she likes and needs. I hope that all the ladies at work enjoyed the yummy treats. I made some cinnamon muffins too. Since I was at home yesterday I thought I'd be productive.

Speaking of which, the laundry will not put itself away. Guess I can't ignore the obvious too long.

No comments: