
I think Old Man Winter is trying to move in a little early this year. I heard multiple people mention the "s" word today and it just made me shiver. The real reason it is so frigid out is that it is SOOOO windy out here on the plains. Blustery is not enough of a windy word for what we experience. I'll try to find the word to describe it.
Today at school was drama filled. The students I work with S & K are soul mates. They claim to be dating yet have never been on a "date." It is endearing and painful to watch all at the same time. Well today they had a bit of a falling out. S has a thing for blonds and I think some mean girls blonds pay attention to S just to get K riled. Well, S has a picture of himself surrounded by these blonds and he happened to show it to K this morning. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was over! I of course knew that they would be back together by lunch. Well, I was off my about 10 minutes. They got back together during 5B and we eat 5A. Good thing I didn't have money on that detail. I was probably the closest without going over. (Gotta love Bob Barker.)
Well that ended my school day on a good note. But... when I went to get the boys that was a different story. Nic had a bunch of homework last night but had apparently forgotten to do the back side of a worksheet. UGH! We got it all done tonight though. But alas it may be for naught. Nic has diarrhea again tonight and is complaining of stomach pain and a head ache. Double UGH!
Let's talk about Will for a minute to get my mind off the fact that I am probably staying home again tomorrow. Will received two second place ribbons at school today. He was the second most improved student in his class in addition and subtraction. Last month he got two first place ribbons. I don't care what color the ribbons are, I am thrilled that he continues to improve so rapidly. He is quite the sponge this year. Yeah Will!
Well I need to go research salt dough recipes. Nic has to do a diorama of the Alamo by Monday. Good thing we bought some new shoes last week. Never know when you need a shoe box. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment