Monday, July 14, 2008

Back on-line!


As I type to the sounds of my kids trying to replicate a very poor tune on Rock Band I am patting myself on the back for surviving another day. I have each boy pretty much settled into their respective rooms. They have beds made, Will is minus a bed frame but that will come tomorrow, books on the book shelves, clothes in the dressers and nick knacks surrounding them with love. My kitchen is in working order but my fridge is still pretty barren. I did buy cheese slices and bread as well as PB & J for the first home prepared meal in the vacation home. I feel badly that it is not more extravagant but I just could not justify the effort, potential for sour food and the time to go food shopping for real. It's going to be a monumental task when it happens and today was just not the day.

We received our furniture this AM, our rental stuff shortly after lunch and then our soft goods. Somewhere between the real furniture and the rental the Cable guy showed up and a startling revelation was made. The people that lived in the house before us, the owners, never had cable or phone lines active in the house. The Cable guy had to run line from the box behind the house. Strange...

There are a ton of boxes yet to empty and sort through. We have a decent pile of "nonrestorables" that we have unpacked and have been unhappy with. A few more pieces of clothing and some odds and ends from various places throughout the house. I have yet to delve into "my" boxes but maybe tomorrow. I am trying to put it off so I don't feel compelled to play with my stuff or get sad because so much is missing. I will consider rewarding myself with a box or two each time I move the laundry through it's paces. Unfortunately they were able to deliver the washer and dryer today but there were no hoses for the washer or vent stuff for the dryer. Fred is out taking care of that right now.

One last thing then I'll let you progress through your life... So I have been harboring this guilt about moving, have a fire and moving again, blame it on Al Gore, I was really bothered by the excessive amount of natural resources were used and abused during this trial. We have likely used up a whole forest of trees in paper and cardboard. The Chemicals used to clean our stuff is probably not without it's hazards. Well, the silver lining... My hubby is out buying a new lawn mover, more excess right? NO! He's getting me the old fashioned kind that doesn't take more than ME ENERGY! He did not know about my guilt but has helped alleviate it all the same. Another gold star for Fred and some good old fashioned hard work for me. Don't feel too sorry for me. The yard is about the size of the footprint of my house in Iowa so it will only take me as long to mow as it used to take me to vacuum! Piece of cake!

1 comment:

Andy Traub said...

I have that same kind of mower. Works great on flat yards with pretty full grass. Works crappy on bumpy lawns with really light grass. Love ya - andy