Sunday, July 27, 2008

Long but VERY productive day!


Well, the good news is that Fred had to meet the builder at the house at 8:00 AM and not me. They are slowly and methodically working their way through the 62 page scope of work approved by the insurance company. They have a line item in that thing to clean the hanging rod in the coat closet. Talk about details! Better him than me!

I took advantage of a few more minutes of sleep and eased my way into my day. Once I was up and moving the boys and I headed to Target to do some damage. Remember when a trip to Target cost an average of $100? The boys used to check to see how close or how far over I'd get to $100. My girlfriends in MI and I had a joke that a trip to Target ALWAYS cost $100. I wish I could get back to those days. The trip this morning cost just under $300! No wonder I did not indulge my children's' desire for Icee's. We came home and drank tap water! Not really, but we did come home and have cold meat sandwiches and chips for lunch.

In the afternoon I got busy on my boxes again and can now see above the chair rail in my office/dining room. I got to a point though that I could not go on until I purchased LOTS of photo storage boxes. Just before dinner I headed to Hobby Lobby, Staples and Best Buy with another trip to Target thrown in for good measure. I got some organizational pieces I needed. Document holders for the sale of house paperwork, a desk pad, Nic's new Kodak camera to replace his Flip Camera that he received for Christmas that was damaged in the fire. I also bought flour, sugar, storage totes, a desk lamp and air freshener. Oh yes, can't forget the DVD player and the movie "21."

So we have wrapped up family movie night, complete with popcorn with mix-ins. Not sure where the boys came up with that but it was tasty. Can popcorn with pretzels and M&M's be bad? Thanks go to Mamma for the M&M's. They were the perfect addition.

I need to work a few more minutes on my desk than head to bed. Tomorrow should be a less expensive day but Fred is headed to Mexico for the week so it will be bittersweet to have him run-off on us again. Gotta make the money to pay the bills. We have LOTS of bills this month. Please go to work honey!

No comments: